My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Piacenza

April 10, 2002 12:17 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Plastic Bolt-Box

Posted By Michael Piacenza

Does anyone know of a plastic ep bolt-box supplier with reasonable shipping fees? $7.00 to mail 3 ozs. seems extreme.

November 5, 2002 07:51 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Looking For...

A guy on the east coast who makes very big wood tripods. This is kind of vague I know, but I bought a used one and I need a part. He has a website which I had and lost. Any leads would be welcome. Hope this is the right place for this posting. Thanks.

November 8, 2002 12:27 PM Forum: Takahashi

Solar filter for an FC-60 ?

Where can I get one? Thanks for any help...

March 6, 2003 12:58 PM Forum: Takahashi

Tak ota touch-up paint

Does anyone know where to get the gloss cream color? An earlier thread stated that Anacortes stocks the ota light green matte, and I confirmed that it does on their web-site. But where to get the glossy cream? I just put a fresh 1/2" bruise on the ota. Not to mention many old pock-marks on the finder. Thanks for any help.

April 7, 2003 10:04 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Widescan 30mm Type III

Anyone with first-hand experience using this new ep? Comparisons with the older Type II, etc...?

May 31, 2003 01:49 PM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

Neil Young

AMERICAN STARS 'N BARS (1977) by Neil Young, with Ralph Molina, Linda Ronstadt, Nicolette Larson, Emmylou Harris, Carol Mayedo... Hard to find because sale or broadcasting has been prohibited in the U.S.A for about 20 years. It has nine great songs on it, that you don't often hear anywhere else; plus the first and absolutely greatest eight minute recording of LIKE A HURRICANE, where Neil himself takes lead guitar out somewhere beyond Neptune. Guaranteed, if cranked up loud enought, to take the edge off of wind and chill, and also disperse all flying and crawling things on those sweet nights of desert viewing.

October 24, 2003 06:37 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Sun Spots

Anybody check out nearest star today? It looked like a billboard for Dunkin' Donuts!

November 12, 2003 12:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Please Don't Take This Personally... But...

I happen to have a garage full of odds and ends. So, no reflection intended on either Celestron Goto or Meade optics. But, has anyone successfully mounted a C9.25 on an LX200 fork. If so, I'd love to see a picture or find out where to go to read about it. Thanks!

January 22, 2004 09:08 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

"Image Of The Day" - 01/22/04

Today's pictures by Todd Carlson are really striking, and a little frightening. I live in Southern California, and every year I have to drive deeper into the Mojave to find decent viewing. And now the So Cal glow is starting to link up with the Las Vegas sprawl and the Milky Way is becoming just a memory. Significantly dimmer than even 5 years ago.

March 13, 2004 09:32 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Foam Cut To Spec?

Anybody know of a site where you can order packing foam cut to your spec? As opposed to pre-cut bulk.

Incidently, I pronounce it fo-um...as in fe-fi-fo-um...