My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Harry Aiello

September 4, 2005 12:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion Shorty Barlow not too good...

Posted By Harry Aiello

The shorty plus barlow has had good reports. Don't know about the regular shorty.
If your scope came as an SVP package the supplied diagonal should be a good one. At least mine is and I have compared it to a good dielectric I have with very little if any visual difference. The dielectrics withstand cleaning better though, I think.
Harry

September 13, 2005 02:06 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

Eye relief on SV 15 x 63?

Posted By Harry Aiello

I have the B-85 (20 x 85) and the eye relief is listed as 17mm. They are fine with glasses as long as the eyecup is rolled down. Eye relief is listed as 16mm on the B-63. My glasses don't touch the eyecups on the 85 so I think you should be all right. I havn't actually tried the B- 63 though.

Harry

September 15, 2005 02:07 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

green laser getting dim

Posted By Harry Aiello

In the cloudy nights website. Ed Moreno did a review of green lasers and had the same experience with one of them. He did not mention the brand or the reason. Maybe you can send him a personal message to find out if it was the same brand you have and if there is a fix. He will answer your questions, he is a nice guy.

Harry

September 25, 2005 01:54 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

The Horsehead Nebula in Orion

Posted By Harry Aiello

That is a great shot, Pete.

Harry

October 2, 2005 12:02 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

A double Iridium flare.

Posted By Harry Aiello

Nice shot. It seems impossible but could that be Polaris' mag 9 companion sitting out there?

Harry

October 11, 2005 01:56 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Aperture vs. magnification

Posted By Harry Aiello

Maybe I'm missing something here but in case you havn't noticed you have a VLFT. (very large telescope). If you are absolutely idling along at 20x per inch you are at 320x. Apply some throttle and you really get somewhere. Unless it is raining outside you should be able to get 20 per inch. This is why the guys love the big dobs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Harry

October 20, 2005 12:15 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

setting circles.

Posted By Harry Aiello

http://www.astro-tom.com/telescopes/setting_circles.htm

October 27, 2005 01:30 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Observatory Destroyed...

Posted By Harry Aiello

Sorry to hear of your damage, glad to hear that you and your family are not hurt. Keep smiling like your picture shows, the damage is just lumber and nails.
Best Regards,
Harry

November 17, 2005 07:21 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Focal ratio Vs. Application

Posted By Harry Aiello

You might want to read this article to start with.
http://www.televue.com/engine/page.asp?ID=140
It's not ray tracing or anything but kind of interesting.
Harry

November 19, 2005 04:00 PM Forum: Celestron

New C11S-ASGT just arrived!

Posted By Harry Aiello

Congratulations on the new scope. I wish I had one. Your future astronomer looks pretty happy with it too.

Harry