New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: jeff catalina

January 16, 2011 01:43 AM Forum: Politics

Don't like guns, don't buy one!

Posted By jeff catalina

Floyd Blue said:

If you don't like guns, don't buy one. But just because you do not like them, do not try to violate others rights to own one, just because you are uncomfortable.

I confess I haven't read every post in these most recent threads, Floyd, but who here is saying anything about "violating others' rights to own one"? And since we're on the subject of rights, try to avoid violating my right to say to whomever I please that some guns have no reason to be owned by civilians. OK?

January 30, 2011 02:44 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

A break in the arguement - test drive

Posted By jeff catalina

If it were really a republican truck I'm quite certain something would have ended up in your ass. The only question is how big a tub of vaseline would the salesperson have offered with your purchase . . .

August 28, 2011 09:07 PM Forum: Politics

BHO's Illegal Uncle Omar Arrested, Asks To Call WH

Posted By jeff catalina

How ironic that in your post before this your cry like a baby about the left AND the right "going nuclear" on Rick Perry, but in your very next post you continue your own nearly three year smear against Obama.

Stop crying. It's unmanly.

September 9, 2011 07:26 PM Forum: Politics

Anybody Excited?

Posted By jeff catalina

Darian Rachal said:

I didn't have the opportunity to listen to Obama last night; my underwear drawer was in a state of disarray and needed tending to. sad

Anybody hear anything that would make them hopeful?

Darian -- you asked in another thread (in which I will not post) whether I had "any thoughts" on Obama's speech:

Seriously -- what kind of an answer would suffice for someone who says he spent his time rearranging his underwear drawer instead of watching the speech?

I mean, c'mon . . . what does it really matter to you what I thought, unless you've got another post in mind like the one you wrote to start this thread? I've little interest anymore in responding to that kind of garbage.

September 11, 2011 02:01 AM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Why Journalists Can't Do Climate Articles

Posted By jeff catalina

Hmm ... is it dumber to exaggerate in a news piece or dumber to believe exaggeration is actually meant to be truth?

Just askin' is all.

Dave Snope said:

Because they are dumb. About science. And weather. How dumb are they? They are soooooooo dumb, they write things like this:

NEW YORK (AP) — The extreme heat that's been roasting the eastern U.S. is only expected to get worse, and residents are bracing themselves for temperatures near and above boiling point.

Weather service heat warnings and advisories have been issued Friday from Ohio to Maine.

The high temperatures and smothering humidity will force up the heat indexes. Boston's 99 degrees on Friday could feel like 105 degrees; Philadelphia's 102 degrees like 114 degrees and Washington, D.C.'s 103 degrees may seem the same as a melting 116 degrees.

http://news.yahoo.com/northeast-braces-temps-near-boiling-point-104346055.html

September 20, 2011 04:37 PM Forum: Politics

Do Millionairres Pay More Than Secretaries?

Posted By jeff catalina

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/08/irs-1470-millionaires-paid-no-income-tax-in-09/1

This is a nice complement to your "class warfare" garbage.

September 21, 2011 04:34 AM Forum: Politics

Yes he carries his own

Posted By jeff catalina

david elosser said:

And shares it with important people, like 81-year-old Freedom Corps greeter Dr. John Cotthoff, a volunteer physician at the St. Luke Free Clinic in Hopkinsville Ky. grin

Maybe, but does he really know how to use one?

September 27, 2011 05:08 PM Forum: Politics

Thanks Guys...

Posted By jeff catalina

Woah! In the gutter? I saw no gutter in the deleted thread -- in fact, I think both of us thought it was rather amusing to battle a little bit without the usual ad hominen attacks.

Oh well, your show. Sorry you were offended.

October 20, 2011 04:11 PM Forum: Politics

The guy who should be the next president...

Posted By jeff catalina

All in good fun, Mike . . .

grin

March 1, 2012 07:54 PM Forum: Politics

Saddest Story Of The Year

Posted By jeff catalina

Please clarify your point about the article you linked and the reference to Kerry.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this guy? For Wall Streeters who are force to live on a smaller bonus? Maybe he should "blame himself," as someone once said not so long ago.

EDIT: I guess I'm just not sure whom you're mocking here . . .