Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mike Dedon

September 15, 2004 09:25 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Ever wonder what if... (a solar H-a dream-machine!

Posted By Mike Dedon

Let me know when it will be somewhere around Kentucky. I'll buy a ticket to look through that thing. Y'all should start traveling that scope. Retirement is only an idea away.

October 12, 2004 11:06 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Go Yankees!

Posted By Mike Dedon

BOOOOOOO!!! Cardinals are gonna take it anyway.

October 13, 2004 07:27 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Photoshop or Elements

Posted By Mike Dedon

Thanks, Someone here at the office also gave me a link for discounted versions.

October 22, 2004 07:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Coronado... The next steps

Posted By Mike Dedon

Paul, I echo your sentiments about Coronado completely.

October 25, 2004 08:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Coronado Newsflash!

Posted By Mike Dedon

Would this be an influence from Meade. I have to believe that Coronado started on this long ago, AND, it's not up everyone's alley (even in the amateur solar circles), but I find it "very interesting. I'm in line, just let me know where it starts.

October 27, 2004 10:25 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Why no autocollimation?

Posted By Mike Dedon

As someone on this forum once said about GPS; I've got a map and a watch; Why should I pay for this. The number of questions about collimation and tools seems to warrant a response from the manufacturers and us.

Why shouldn't I expect my equipment to be properly adjusted everytime I use it? If I was to pay for something, optical alignment could very well be one of those things. Do you want to tune-up your car yourself every time you move it. I think Tom has a valid point.

October 30, 2004 10:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

PST vs Thousand Oaks Optical dilemna

Posted By Mike Dedon

The only problem I have is now I want more. The binoviewer, prime focus CCD imaging, Ca-K swappable filter, built-in chair and more clear days.

October 30, 2004 10:25 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Watercolor Ducks

Posted By Mike Dedon

I've got a film photo of a group of wildebeast in Africa where they are standing such that NONE of them cast a shadow in the picture, although the brush, trees and grass around them do. They appear to be floating in air. Don't know how it happened and someone else pointed it out to me but it is surrealistic for sure, just like yours. Once in a lifetime?

November 2, 2004 01:15 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

ATWB supporting our troops

Posted By Mike Dedon

My son is moving in with the 256th National Guard into Bagdhad this week and all support, of all kinds, is appreciated. My Vietnam experience makes me remembebr any kind of support or acknowledgement, no matter how small, is a major lift in morale.

November 9, 2004 11:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Shot the Horse

Posted By Mike Dedon

Shame on you!. No special filters, no need to deal with tracking errors and just getting bored, huh. Great image. Can't wait to get my first.