My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mike Dedon

November 9, 2004 11:23 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

C925 experience with Celestron

Posted By Mike Dedon

I wish "C" or "M" would license dealers to do those rather simple adjustments, under waranty, rather than require us to send major opticals back under suspect shipping conditions. Great kudos to "C" for those efforts on your scope.

There was a thread a few days/weeks ago about collimation on a new scope. I maintain my position that this is one of the basic deliverables of a major manufacturer and should be a given when purchasing these kinds of scope from "their" authorized dealers.

Sorry for the rant. My SCT arrived perfect. Just wanted to express an opinion.

November 18, 2004 11:34 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

I think you got it

Posted By Mike Dedon

I'll say this. I had real reservations about the info AM asks for. I don't understand why they need all of that.

Further, as a member for over a year, I have had no problems with other parties using info I gave AM. Still don't know why it is so critical to AM but no problems from me.

January 3, 2005 11:47 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Waiting on the Meade Announcement!

Posted By Mike Dedon

I've got it on completely suspect authority that it's a multifunctional cloud disperser, with dew disposal, and all coupled with a 10" LX 200 on an AP1200 mount that also includes an Ha and Ca-K Coronado built-in filter. It's supposed to also come with a remote control robot that carries and sets up the unit and a warmer for your hot chocolate.

I could be wrong but I haven't seen the moon in a week and could be just irritated. It doesn't matter what they have if you can't see anything above the treetops.

Maybe I should have replied in the "Complain about everything" forum. Sorry for the rant.

January 25, 2005 01:50 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Coronado's Ca-K scope??

Posted By Mike Dedon

BTW, I understand the MS70 has somewhat similar limitations on prime focus imaging as the PST. Does this affect the widespread use or is Ca-K just too far out for the mainstream.

February 23, 2005 07:30 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Don't you hate it....

Posted By Mike Dedon

Sorry for the large picture. I cropped it but apparently attached the big one.

May 10, 2005 01:08 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

PST double stack...

Posted By Mike Dedon

I added an SM40 to my PST back in January. It is the best astronomical purchase I have made to date. I setup the PST without the filter because the filter tuning knob gets in the way of the finder. I align, then attach the filter. I have not looked into the PST without the added filter since I got it.

May 13, 2005 03:10 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

PST?

Posted By Mike Dedon

You've already gotten plenty of responses but I'll throw mine in also.

I stretched my budget to get my PST and was overwhelmed with performance versus the price. I get more enjoyment from my PST than any of my night time stuff.

I was able later to add an SM40 filter (double stack). Things just got better. Was it necessary, No!. You won't regret using the PST alone if you have even a slight interest in solar viewing.

May 20, 2005 10:51 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Nikon D70 or D100 purchase

Posted By Mike Dedon

Thanks to all. I ordered a D70 this afternoon. The news about the D70s and D50 gave me pause but I fought through it. I've always been a Pentax guy and to switch over to the "N" brand is a major life change for me.

Thanks for all the opinions and NONE will be held against you. I work in the computer industry and will always start a conversation with: "It's got to satisfy you, not me, what do you want".

Thanks agin, Mike...

May 22, 2005 12:39 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Two Images From Utah

Posted By Mike Dedon

Great photos as usual. Don't stay away so long next time. Always look forward to your postings.

May 23, 2005 08:13 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Female goldfinch

Posted By Mike Dedon

James, great shot. My wife has a passion for bird feeders and goldfinch. It seems like they double in visitation every couple of days. We get ove3rrun by ealry June each year. Lovely picture, Thanks...