Posts Made By: Mauricio Alvarez

October 9, 2003 06:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Posted By Mauricio Alvarez

Hi i'm looking for a good telescope which can allow nice planetary viewing. Any suggestions to a good scope that would allow very good viewing plus good tracking?

Also, currently I have a 4.5' Nexstar and I haven't had the opportunity to look at Saturn yet. What's the most recommendable magnification to view Saturn in? Or what eyepiece should I use?

October 12, 2003 05:50 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

which telescope should I buy?

So I was given the advice of going to a local astronomy club b4 buying a bigger scope (currently own a 4.5" NEXSTAR 114GT) and I will do that. Now I was wondering, what kind of scope should I get (price range $500-$700) for great planetary viewing. Does anyone know of a good website where there are actual footages from different telescopes in this price range, a little more or less? I was looking @ the 10" Deep Space Hunter, but noticed that it carries a 2" rack and pinion focuser. I was hoping that it would have a 1.25" instead so I could use the eyepieces I currently own. So, what is the difference in rack and pinion sizes and how does it affect viewing? Thanks in advance for your advices!

Mauricio.

October 15, 2003 10:07 PM Forum: Refractors

looking for a good refractor

Hey guys, any suggestions on an excellent refractor within the $500-$700 price range, also w/ great planetary viewing, ie- cassini divisions?

October 15, 2003 11:08 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

collimation issue

What's the best way I can collimate my reflector being that I don't have a laser or any type of collimator? How can I make sure I did it properly?

Thanks in advance.

October 17, 2003 03:25 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

celestron accesory kit

What do you guys think of the celestron accesory kit selling for $99.00? Is it a good price for its quality?

Thanks

October 18, 2003 04:08 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

short -vs- long focal length

What's the difference between the two in terms of magnification and better viewing?

October 25, 2003 06:40 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

orion 80mm ED photos

Has anyone taken any pictures of planets, and/or DSO's with this scope? Can you post them please. Thank you.

Mauricio.

November 6, 2003 10:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

recommendation on 3x barlow

Does anyone know of a good but cheap 3x barlow lens?

Thanks

Mauricio.

November 10, 2003 03:33 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

digital camara adaptor

I have an issue which is that I want to purchase an adaptor for my canon S400. I went to the scopetronix site and looked at their maxview pro 40 adaptor for about $129.00 but then realized that I also needed a step ring which runs for about 80 bucks giving me a grand total >$200! As you may already realize, i'm on a limited budget, so I was wondering if there's any way I can get around this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mauricio.

November 10, 2003 05:02 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Website

Does anyone here know hot to publish a website that could give me a hand? I've already made mines in notepad but am having difficulties publishing it..i'm totally lost!

Mauricio.