New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Scott Anderson

October 2, 2003 07:44 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

TV Ranger EPs 4mm or 3mm

Posted By Scott Anderson

Guys,
What is the better EP for high power, 4 mm or 3mm with the Ranger? Tried the powwermate route with the 5x. Just didn't like it, too heavy and too much mag..
Are the radians the way to go or another company just as good?

Scott

February 25, 2004 07:26 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Refractor F.L. for Colorless Image

Posted By Scott Anderson

Just read the April Sky & Telescope. An article on fl of objective lenses gave a formula for color free images (3 times the square of the objective diameter). By dumb luck last week I read in one of my old books that the formula was 5 times the square of the objective diameter. Which is right?

April 21, 2004 07:31 AM Forum: TeleVue

Telepod and TV Computer Setting Circles

Posted By Scott Anderson

Does anyone have any experience with the TV digital computer? Does it work? Is it worth the price?

I hate not knowing where I'm pointing and star hopping without a GEM doesn't work for me.

I don't photograph ever, just enjoy the views so drives aren't needed.

Thanks

Scottw

September 8, 2004 07:51 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Reflectors as alternative to TV 85

Posted By Scott Anderson

Hi,
Just thinking of alternatives to high quality refractors,mainly small to medium ones,4" max.. Parks offer a 4.5" f4 that looks intresting and there are severl 6" reflectors too. Meade has some Newt-Cass. also.

How do these compare to a god quality refractor? I have a TV Ranger now snd would like to move up a bit.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks Scott

December 7, 2004 07:58 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Do 10 Cygni

Posted By Scott Anderson

Out last night, first excellent night in a month! Glimpsed Do 10 an open star cluster in Cygnus. There are more of these in this area according to the star atlas. How many I don't know. Is there a list?

Scott

March 8, 2005 06:31 AM Forum: TeleVue

Ranger to TV-85

Posted By Scott Anderson

Well what do you think?

Is the upgrade to a TV-85 from a Ranger worth the money?

Scott

March 21, 2005 06:31 AM Forum: Meade

Autoostar Program

Posted By Scott Anderson

I there any way to program the autostar control when it is not hooked up to the mount? I would like to use the User Define feature to preselect the objects I want to see on a particular night, giving me a short list to scroll through instead of the long list provided in different catagories through out the data base. Doing this before hand and in comfort of inside seems to make sense.

Scott

April 4, 2005 08:04 AM Forum: Reflectors

UTi6c

Posted By Scott Anderson

Well is anybody impressed the the new UTi6c? Is it a 100mm refractor killer? Are the optics first class, if so it seems like a good value.

Scott

June 1, 2005 06:01 AM Forum: TeleVue

Extreme Mag. with Ranger

Posted By Scott Anderson

Can a 2.5mm or 2.3 mm eyepiece be useful on a Ranger for both moon and planets along with splitting double stars?

Anyone have first hand experience doing such.

Not a big fan of barlows or powermates. Found the powermate too heavy.

Scott

August 5, 2005 08:12 AM Forum: TeleVue

Ranger upgrade to 76

Posted By Scott Anderson

Would the "bang for the buck" be there for visual use?

Scott