New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Scott Anderson

December 19, 2011 07:55 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

TeleGizmos 365 cover

Posted By Scott Anderson

Guys,

Thinking of getting a 365 series cover for my 12" Lightbridge but I have two questions. First do they make one for vertical storage or will the 12" to 14" truss dob cover work?
Lastly is the extra expense over the standard cover worth it, can the standard cover used all year and last?

Thanks for any input about your experiences with this product.

Scott

January 22, 2013 10:49 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Don't Deal with Art Horn

Posted By Scott Anderson

:C :C :C Just a note of caution, [SIZE="Large"]DON'T DEAL WITH ART HORN[/SIZE] He'll take your money and not deliver the goods and give you many excuses.

This is based on nearly a three month $20.00 deal with him. Payment was done by a postal order so there was no complications on my side.

Call him what you may. This is the first time I've been cheated by anyone on this site, too bad.

Scott :C :C :C

February 6, 2013 11:20 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: False advertising

Posted By Scott Anderson

Alex,

At least you got the mount. Art Horn took my money and never came through with the sight tube I "bought" 3 months ago.

Scott

November 30, 2014 09:48 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Excell Chart Finder

Posted By Scott Anderson

I want to be able to use Excell to find chart numbers of both Sky Atlas 2000 and Uranometria for a given position. I've made some progress so far, I can get three SA 2000 numbers for any given R.A.. I have been working off of a basic program foune in April 89 Sky and Telescope but not for DEC.

Thanks,
Scott

June 18, 2015 05:58 PM Forum: LUNATICS

Dust cloud around moon?

Posted By Scott Anderson

My wife just read about a dust cloud around the moon. Is this old news or what? Would it not take an atmosphere to suspend the dust?

Scott

January 28, 2004 10:55 AM Forum: TeleVue

Ranger; stiff focuser

Posted By Scott Anderson

Guys,

I've had this problem too. Scope was useless in the cold (20 degrees above 0 F. Stripped off the grease from the drawtube with rubbing alcohol and tried cold tempeture grease for snowmobiles. IT DIDN'T WORK! I will strip it off again and leave it off for now. I haven't tried it yet but will. Good luck. It really is a good scope but does seem to have this problem.

Scott

April 29, 2004 07:45 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Good Telescope Wanted for an 8 Year Old

Posted By Scott Anderson

Gene,

I have a brand new never used 80mm DS meade refractor. If you can build an dob type mount it might work for you. I will be gladto send a plan or two for mounts if needed. I do not know haow good the OTA is first hand but I've read about it on the yahoo group site and it seems OK. It would come with an eyepiece, finder and diagnol for sure. Let me know if your intrested.

Scottw

September 10, 2004 07:37 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Reflectors as alternative to TV 85

Posted By Scott Anderson

Guys,

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.I'll be spending the winter going over these scopes.

Thanks once again.

Scott

September 14, 2004 07:40 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

portable mount for small scope fs60, fs78, tv76??

Posted By Scott Anderson

Dan,

Check out the artical on the Hutech Al/Az mount at this very site. It might be just what you want and is motorized to boot. I have a Telepod for my Ranger and I'm thinking of giving it a try, The motor slewing seems handy if its smooth.

Good luck and let us know what you get.

Scott

December 3, 2004 08:06 AM Forum: Refractors

Re: Jaegers Optics

Posted By Scott Anderson

I can't believe it! It seems to be the same stuff I bought nearly 40 years ago.

Scott