My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Eric Buehrens

December 31, 2009 05:52 PM Forum: APM

Mak-Cass Image Circle

Posted By Eric Buehrens

I have a 10" f/12.5 Mak-Cass with Intes Deluxe optics and Matthias Wirth tube & mechanicals. Central obstruction is 25%. Great visual instrument but now I would like to try imaging with it. Can anyone tell me - from calculation or experience with similar instruments - what the effective image circle is for this scope? I'm considering using it with the AP .67 reducer, trying to decide what CCD camera to acquire and would like as much useful field of view as possible.

thanks,

Eric

February 7, 2010 11:24 PM Forum: APM

Optimal moving primary position

Posted By Eric Buehrens

My 10" f/12.5 APM Mak-Cass has Intes Deluxe optics and Matthias Wirth tube & mechanicals and is a moving-primary design. I've added a FeatherTouch for fine focus as well.

Can anyone tell me what is the optimal position for the moving primary - that is, what was the optical design likely optimized for - in the middle of the focus range, all the way forward or all the way back?

thanks,

Eric

July 9, 2012 03:54 PM Forum: Maksutovs

Intes Micro

Posted By Eric Buehrens

Steve,

I have what sounds like the same optical set (mine is 10" f/12.5) set in an OTA made by Matthias Wirth who works with Markus Ludes in Germany. They are still manufacturing and selling the 10" Mak-Cass from APM. I'm pretty happy with the tube mechanicals; happy to send pictures or other details offline. So one option for you might be to ship the optics to APM and have them build an OTA for them.

Best of luck,

Eric