My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Scott Bennett

December 1, 2015 01:45 PM Forum: Star Parties

Chiefland Needs Your Opinion for 2016

Posted By Scott Bennett

Chiefland Fall Star Party would like to know when YOU think a good time is to have the event:

October 23- 30, 2016
October 30 - November 6, 2016
November 27 - December 4, 2016 Let us know!

You can also weigh in at www.facebook.com/chieflandstarparty or
www.twitter.com/chieflandastro

Make sure you add www.chieflandastronomy.com to favorites and keep checking back!

December 1, 2015 02:08 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Chiefland Astronomy's New Web Site!

Posted By Scott Bennett

We would like to invite you to the unveiling of our new web site. It will contain all the information you need for monthly observing in Chiefland, Florida as well as everything pertaining to the Chiefland Fall Star Party. Thanks!

http://www.chieflandastronomy.com

March 27, 2016 04:35 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Astronomics: Terrible Customer Service

Posted By Scott Bennett

Buyers Beware: ASTRONOMICS. I recently purchased a “new” refractor from Astronomics. This was the FIRST and LAST time I'll do business with them. The box was opened and the eyepiece adaptor that goes from the 2½-inch tube to 2” and 1.25” for eyepieces was missing. The end of the tube was open allowing dust to get into the scope. I contacted Astronomics and they told me the adaptor was being shipped when they got one in. They said they opened the box to “do a star test on the scope as we do with all the scopes we sell”. I asked them how did a star test without the adaptor which they said they didn’t need, because you do the test with the star out of focus. You still need an eyepiece the take the star out of focus!! Clearly they took the piece out to give to another customer and gave the incomplete telescope to me. They flat out lied. I should say he: This was one of the managers/owners with the initials P.K. Reluctantly they gave me a return authorization with absolutely no apologies that the telescope was incomplete and made ME pay the return shipping of $50 on an incomplete internally dusty telescope. On top of all this – they charged me to restock the refractor. DO NOT do business with ASTRONOMICS. Fair warning. I have pictures of the opened packaging showing how it was retaped and then sent to me.