New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ron DiIulio

August 10, 2009 09:29 PM Forum: Polls

BEWAR OF ASTROMART AND HERB YORK

Posted By Ron DiIulio

Herb,

I have been a happy user of Astromart for years. I believe that Astromart is a valuable service to an extremely narrow group of people interested in astronomical equipment.. I have found that this narrow market makes it a very effective platform for selling and purchasing astro equipment.

I have always "donated" as a supporter of Astromart. In fact, I recently purchased "one-year support". Needless to say, I'd expect to see it continue for the next year! smile

One comment that might reduce, or even eliminate, the negative responses to Astromart is the overly subtle way of asking for "support".

I would be more than happy to pay for the service with a specific fee based on a membership, or, perhaps, even a percentage of each purchase. The way Astromart seems to work now is that a user "volunteers" to provide monetary support for some period of time. However, in actuality, it appears that we are EXPECTED to provide monetary support. Perhaps this could be more clearly stated, or even required! I would have no problem with an annual fee as I understand that Astromart maintenance comes with a cost, AND you should even be allowed some profit for your time and effort!

Respectfully Submitted,
Ron DiIulio
Planetarium and Astronomy Laboratory Director
JPL/NASA Solar System Ambassador
Physics Department
University of North Texas

October 4, 2020 11:10 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Featured ad not showing

Posted By Ron DiIulio

Yesterday I paid $10 extra to have my ad published as “featured”.
When should I expect to see it?

Ronkeys@charter.net

October 4, 2020 11:10 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Featured ad not showing

Posted By Ron DiIulio

Yesterday I paid $10 extra to have my ad published as “featured”.
When should I expect to see it?

Ronkeys@charter.net