My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jim Carpenter

May 9, 2005 07:21 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

I Think I'm Lost

Posted By Jim Carpenter

Couldn't figure out where to post this one. I liked the contrast of the bright red tennis ball in the river rock. Taken during our evening stroll around the neighborhood. Canon A510.

Jim

May 16, 2005 09:17 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Morning at Kendrick Lake

Posted By Jim Carpenter

My wife and I took a morning stroll around Kendrick Lake, a small irrigation reservoir in Lakewood, CO. Here's few quick hots with my D70/Sigma 70-300. The first one is a Spotted Sandpiper.

Jim

May 16, 2005 09:22 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Boulder Garden

Posted By Jim Carpenter

We saw this nice landscaped boulder garden during our bird photo session at a small irrigation reservoir in Lakewood, CO. D70/Sigma 70-300, with some touch-up in PSE 3.0.

August 22, 2005 03:50 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Up Close and Personal

Posted By Jim Carpenter

I caught this shot of an Iguana at the Buterfly Pavilion in Westminster, CO. D70 / Sigma 70-300mm APO in macro mode.

Jim

August 22, 2005 03:57 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Sand Dunes

Posted By Jim Carpenter

Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park, Colorado. Taken with a Canon A510 P&S, cropped and minor doctoring in PSE 3.0.

Jim

February 19, 2006 09:29 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Kauai Observing Spots

Posted By Jim Carpenter

This may not be the proper forum for this, but I'll post here anyway. My wife and I will be spending her spring break week on Kauai. It's the last week in March, and since the new moon falls on Wednesday of that week I'm thinking about takng my SV Nighthawk travel rig along and trying to get in at least one night's viewing. Has anyone done any observing on that island, and if so, where are the best spots? I'm thinking that somewhere on the west side or perhaps along the Waimea Canyon Road to get a little elevation. Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks,
Jim

May 4, 2006 07:35 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: USA Finderscopes?

Posted By Jim Carpenter

Stellarvue F50. www.stellarvue.com

Jim

June 7, 2006 08:18 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Camden Yards Panorama

Posted By Jim Carpenter

Not exactly a landscape, but an interesting shot illustrating the capabilities of a sub-$200 P&S digicam. I was visiting my son in the DC area over the past weekend, and we went to an Orioles game at Camden Yards. This is a composite of three snapshot images taken with a Canon A520, stitched with PhotoStitch, no editing other than the stitching and final cropping.

Jim

July 7, 2006 02:49 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Tarryall Reflection

Posted By Jim Carpenter

Here's a shot I took a couple of weeks ago at Tarryall Reservoir near Jefferson, Colorado. There was a lady in the small boat that was reading aloud to her companions as they trolled for lake trout, and in the stillness of the morning her voice carried across the water like she was standing next to me. BTW, the orange spec in the right foreground is not on the lens or sensor -- after zooming in I discovered that it's a fishing bobber that must broken free from someone's tackle.

Canon A520, cropped in PSE.

Jim

October 11, 2006 06:33 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

A Couple of Shots From My Deck

Posted By Jim Carpenter

Here's a couple of shots from my back deck, which overlooks a large reservoir in the SW Denver metro area. Both taken with a D70 and 18-70mm kit lens, cropped and massaged a bit in PSE. First looks SE in the late evening light and shows an interesting rainbow affect on the horizon.

Jim