My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Howard Platnick

November 6, 2004 01:00 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Canadians purchasing from the States

Posted By Howard Platnick

I bought a used 6" ap a while back and had it shipped to relatives in upper New York state. I did not want any costum people touching it and drove down to get it.

I did declare (some of it) and pay what I thought was a fair amount of Tax for an eight year old used item smile

howard

December 4, 2004 05:25 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Advice: Before I take the pluck

With the pick-n-pluck do you use scissors to assist or just sort of tear it along the edge?

thanks for the advice

howard

May 24, 2005 07:52 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Help with Canon IS Binoculars

thanks for all the great advice ... still can't decide ... probably need at least two pairs after reading this thread!

howard smile

June 2, 2005 06:09 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Last night's Ganymede Transit

Like some others I did not know in advance. I something faint in my 6" refractor (average seeing) in the southern zone. At fist I though it was just a floater but I kept seeing it. I check a higher and lower powers and it was always there slowly making its way across the planet. Of course I saw early on that one moon was missing and assumed it was out of view behind the planet.

howard

October 11, 2005 09:17 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

sky 90

If you have dark skies it will perform well for deep space objects. I compared it to an average 8" CAT on several Messier objects in Sagittarius and it showed less bright objects but better definition and more pleasing wide field views ... as the other scope owner keep saying " ... gee that is a good little scope!".

howard

November 9, 2005 08:52 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Mars Observation (November 8, 2005)

Perfect and thanks

howard

November 9, 2005 08:59 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Mars Observation (November 3, 2005)

great to see ... keep them coming.

thanks howard

August 4, 2016 03:38 PM Forum: Astro-Physics