The business end of the TEC200ED and the Tak FS-152

July 17, 2016 07:49 PM Forum: Takahashi

Bolt distances on Takahashi Mounts

Posted By Larry Thaxton

Which mount - EM-200, EM-400, NJP?

August 6, 2016 12:59 PM Forum: Takahashi

EM-11 or Em-200

Posted By Larry Thaxton

I am a little confused since you mention "imaging only" but your equipment/weight list includes binoviewer and eyepieces. For a couple of years I used an FS-152 with binoviewer and eyepieces on an EM-200 and performance was excellent.

November 26, 2016 01:58 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

FINALLY GOT AN ASTROSCAN

Posted By Larry Thaxton

I bought one at a pawn shop many long years ago for $90. They thought it was a radio....

Anyway, it worked fine and gave very pleasing views of the moon and low power deep sky. Bought it before the last swing through by Halley's Comet. Went out near Joshua Tree National Park and set the scope up for friends to see the comet. It was a wonderful experience for everyone, enhanced by the little scope.

Almost sorry I sold it.....but a Cave 6" RFT has that base covered now!

January 10, 2017 02:45 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Meade Series 4000 Smoothies

Posted By Larry Thaxton

Great collection! I have owned several of the Series 4000 eyepieces and found each excellent performers. My favorite - I have owned three - is the 14mm UWA. Great eyepiece, superb views in so many scopes I have lost count!

September 7, 2017 02:16 PM Forum: Takahashi

Takahashi FCT-125

Posted By Larry Thaxton

Another view

December 22, 2017 01:54 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 1333

Posted By Larry Thaxton

Wonderful image! Pictures like that make me think I just might want to try imaging.....

April 20, 2018 08:50 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Can't get replies from sellers...

Posted By Larry Thaxton

I have had several folks respond to ads I placed. However, when I attempt to respond to them by using “reply” I do not hear from them again. I started sending each person a personal message via Astromart and did get a reply stating they had never received my earlier messages. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Larry

April 20, 2018 09:19 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Can't get replies from sellers...

Posted By Larry Thaxton

Two separate responses to private messages, two different ads:

Larry,

was curious if you had seen my response of yesterday for your ad, I am hopeful to be able to purchase it. 

Hi Larry -

I never did get an email. 

Not sure if using “reply” is the correct choice once I receive a response to my ads from AM? None of my messages get through. 

May 1, 2018 08:57 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

For Larry Thaxton.....screen shot of your auction.

Posted By Larry Thaxton

Hi Greg,

Thank you for looking into this. A screen shot I took of the auction as it appears under “auctions ending soon”:

Larry