Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

IC 5149 Cacoon Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: robert cosgrove

March 28, 2004 11:26 AM Forum: Refractors

4" Refractor or 5" Mak?

Posted By robert cosgrove

I have a problem! I want a second scope...I have the 80mm Stellarvue AT1010..but I want more aperture and some portability...thus, whatever I get will sit on a Unistar Mount....

I'm wondering if a 120mm Achromat will put up equally good images as a 127mm Mak? Both are the Orion scopes(i'm on a budget also). Which would you recommend?

I've also considered the Stellarvue 102 Achromat...but for 795.00, I figured I'd be better off with more aperture/less cost...

Any help would be super appreciated!!

April 1, 2004 01:34 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Get on with the war already!

Substitute the word Communism for Terrorism and you have a classic qoute from the Vietnam era. I repectfully disagree with him.

April 8, 2004 08:49 AM Forum: Politics

Classic

From todays hearing. Can anyone find the inconsistency in this?

"I don't remember the al Qaeda cells being something that we were told we needed to do something about," she said.

Ben-Veniste also asked asked her about an August 6, 2001, intelligence memo to the president on al Qaeda.

When Ben-Veniste asked her about the title of the memo, she said she believed it suggested that bin Laden was determined to attack inside the United States.

LOL. I love it. He didn't mention Al Queda, but he did mention Bin Laden was determined to attack us. LOL. She kills me.

Personally, I always love the phrase "i don't recall"..especially when she as much as called Clarke a liar two weeks ago...now she CAN'T RECALL".

To summarize:

Condi Rice: "I don't recall if he said that or not, but he's a liar."

April 8, 2004 11:20 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Antares orthos?

Has anyone tried these Japan made Ortho's from Antares?

May 10, 2004 02:09 PM Forum: Politics

Hypocrites

The fact is, if we weren't breaking the Geneva Convention rules, then Right Wingers would be holding their heads up high saying "We uphold the Geneva Convention rules-we're not savages!"

However, since we ARE breaking from the Geneva Convention, they say "Lucky we're breaking from the Geneva Convention-times have changed-we simply have to!"

So funny. I'm convinced that so many right wingers simply don't know what they believe.

Oh, if the last year had gone EXACTLY the same way under Clinton, then the right would be all over his butt and demanding his removal as President.

Sadly, I'm sure the right secretly agrees with me on this point-though they'll never say it.

May 16, 2004 05:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Which is more comfortable?

Just curious...those of you who have used both an Eq. reflector and Eq. refractor....which do you find easier to use on an eq. mount? I'm finding that i'm having a tough time getting used to using a reflector 8" (rotating the tube, standing etc). I'm sure i'll get used to it, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm within my warranty and could always switch to the 4.7" refractor(Orion).

Any advice or anecdotes would be most appreciated!

May 18, 2004 05:01 PM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

U2-Achtung Baby

Their masterpiece. Best album of the 90's hands down!

May 20, 2004 05:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Single Axis drive

Is the Orion Tru-Trac Single Axis drive compatible with the discontinued SkyView Deluxe mount?

May 27, 2004 10:48 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Non-mag. finder for Orion 120 f/8....which one?

Hi all, i'm getting another finder to compliment my 8x50 RACI...

Which one sits best on this particular scope(or any refractor of this size)? I was considering the Rigel or Telrad-or even a red dot type, but i'm just not sure how comfortable it will be or where it's best to place it..any help would be appreciated!

May 28, 2004 11:07 AM Forum: Politics

Franken trounces Limbaugh

Not only did he beat Rush, but he also has the highest startup ratings ever in radio. Imagine how Rush feels being beaten by the guy whose book called him a Big Fat Idiot. I love it.