My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jeffrey Kurtz

December 3, 2003 06:52 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Celestron Customer Support Is Outstanding

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Recently purchased a Celestron polar scope (#94220) on the other auction site (something I'll never do again)...I called Celestron customer support regarding a few questions about its' use....spoke to a knowledgeable person who solved my problem (missing parts)and immediately made arrangements to have the missing pieces shipped at no cost to me....a VERY impressive first experience.

December 11, 2003 06:54 AM Forum: Binoviewers

BinoParanoia

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Let's see...we have people with false identities posting...we have individuals out to ruin manufacturers with negative postings under assumed names....PLEASE can we stop the paranoia....we are discussing binoviewers...YES BINOVIEWERS!
These posts take on a tone of industrial espionage rather than of reasonable product discussions....as a newbie to astronomy and someone who really wants to make an informed purchasing decision I'm finding "MOST" of the forums related to binoviewers full of intrigue and often very little else, Can we get back to discussing the merits and shortcomings of the current binoviewer products and accessories....I need to see people posting their first hand experiences.

December 19, 2003 07:40 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Leica 22mm For Binoviewing

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

I have the Leica 22mm widefield and wondered if anyone has used this for their binoviewer...is it also safe to assume that 12.5mm UO Ortho is a good bet as well. Beady eyed in Boston...Jeff Kurtz

December 22, 2003 12:55 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Denk Accessories on C9.25

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

I'm coming down to a final decision on a binoviewer (BN and Denk Standard)....I'll be using this on a C9.25 with both a WO Crayford Focuser and WO Two Inch Diagonal. My question is do I really need the star sweeper (Russ wasn't sure if a 1.25 or 2 inch would work with this scope)and 2X multiplier with this configuration. Having this much "stuff" added on to the back of my SCT...is this a bad idea especially with this telescope.

December 25, 2003 06:11 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Star Sweeper Question With WO Accessories

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Has anyone used the Denkmeier Star Sweeper on a C9.25 (newer gray tube) with a William Optic Crayford Focuser and WO 2inch diagonal....I've asked a similar question recently BUT not this specific one....there seems to be some disagreement whether there is enough back focus for this to work on this particular SCT with these accessories. Thanks in advance!

January 1, 2004 02:20 PM Forum: Binoviewers

EP and Correcter Choices!

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Recently acquired a Televue Binoviewer and will be doubling up on UO 12.5mm Ortho and 22mm Leica (68 degree FOV)...I'd like one other set of eyepieces and wondered if I could get suggestions from the group.
I have a C9.25 and wondered if something like the Denkmeier Star Sweeper or Seibert .5 OCS would be a worthwhile option to enhance 3 sets of eyepieces.

January 9, 2004 07:09 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Denk Standard vs TeleVue Bino

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Just curious to get some opinions as to how these two stack up....if you're paying another $400+ for the Tele Vues other than their good name...what do you get.

January 17, 2004 03:12 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Leica B 40X Eyepiece

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Anyone use this in a telescope...I've got the Leica 22MM (30X) and their zoom lense that I will be using with a C9.25...But I never see reviews of this one and wondered if it might make a good planetary hight power eyepiece.

February 6, 2004 11:43 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Seibert Contests..Is This The Wrong Place!

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Am I the only one that would like to see the contest that Harry runs be placed somewhere else...nothing against Harry but I just think this is the wrong place and I already find it's getting old...if I'm alone in this opinion I'll simply withdraw the comments.

February 7, 2004 07:04 PM Forum: Eyepieces

BW-Optik 30mm 80 degree Eyepiece

Posted By Jeffrey Kurtz

Anyone use this eyepiece in a C9.25...wondered if the performance might be a bit better in this OTA.