Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Happy Halloween: Witch's Broom Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Guy Jordan

October 14, 2008 10:05 AM Forum: Celestron

Ultima 2000 circuit board

Posted By Guy Jordan

chris bator said:

I think I fried by circuit board as the slew motors no longer work. Anyone have any idea where I can, if at all, get a new circuit board? Thanks.

Not that I've heard of no. I have run across references to other "un-forking" their Ultimas and remounting mounting the OTA on a german EQ mount. Good luck.

-Guy

March 15, 2010 10:30 AM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Shrinking Birds

Posted By Guy Jordan

How about reduced nutrition due to habitat damage and poor quality food from the cultivated areas?

May 19, 2004 10:32 AM Forum: Polls

Do you like the new design?

Posted By Guy Jordan

The regional search was useful to find local classifieds. I haven't found it in the new format yet... is it gone?
-Guy

May 19, 2004 10:28 AM Forum: Polls

Posted By Guy Jordan

I agree. I use the sponsor list as a resource so I'd like to locate it more quickly. Also, if I were a sponsor I'd like to be sure my link was easy to find. As a suggestion, a "Sponsors" tab could be added to the page headers next to "Classifieds", "Auctions", "Forums", etc. This would make them easy to find and demonstrate their value as sponsors. -- Just a thought.

--------EDIT

On second thought, I just found the link at the left of the screen under "About AstroMart" clearly labeled "Sponsors". Sorry Herb, I'll shut up now :S

-Guy

May 19, 2004 04:09 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Guy Jordan

It's not necesarily a Mac issue. I run Netscape 7.1 on a 867 G4 under system 10.3.3 and do not have problems. I also checked Safari and it runs this site fine. Maybe you have a setting proplem?
-Guy

May 19, 2004 08:30 PM Forum: Polls

September 20, 2004 10:20 AM Forum: Polls

Dan Rather

Posted By Guy Jordan

IIRC, the courts have absolved the media of any need to tell the truth. They are NOT our watchdog, WE are the only watchdog. The national News is a buisness. Their agendas are not for the public good but for their own good. They try to convince us that the goals are the same but they are not the same.
-Guy

October 11, 2004 05:18 AM Forum: Polls

SEMI-APO

Posted By Guy Jordan

"Achromat" means without color, and, as I've read one quip, APOchromat means without color "but we really mean it this time". So does Semi-APO mean between Achro and APO (implied) or semi-color free which might put it short of an achromat? smile I think semi-apo exists but is a moving target that is mostly marketing hype. The real measurements of a lens's color correction is buried in the specs deep enough that only experts can decipher it. The name is irrelevant since the meaning is neither clearly defined nor rigidly enforced.

Each manufacturer has their own standard definition, some may change over time though, but agreement across the industry is lacking. Too bad resellers don't even the field when they sell competing products by certifying or grading the instruments performance.

I know, buyer beware... and I try, like most of you. But it seems that experience and a deep pocket is the only way to really understand what is right for an individual.

-Guy

October 14, 2004 05:32 AM Forum: Polls

SEMI-APO

Posted By Guy Jordan

"Achromat" also means without color.

Within the family of triplet APOchromats there exists a range of color correction but I expect none are truly without color. In the same way, doublet achromats also have a range possible corrections but a triplet has more potential available. Specific correction depends on design and execution.

The semi-apo label still seems to be more marketing hype to me than substance but ED glass in a doublet does seem to improve on the traditional achromats correction. No clear distinctions, just opinions.

-Guy

November 3, 2004 11:22 AM Forum: Polls

It is over and I...

Posted By Guy Jordan

.. can get over it vs. will get over it...
smile cwy sad :S
What's to get over?