Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Guy Jordan

November 30, 2004 10:30 AM Forum: Polls

I ......

Posted By Guy Jordan

If $12 a year per user is all it will take to keep Astromart running then I'm in. Trouble is, how much will it cost for the remaining "in's" after the discenters leave?

Feel free to do a bulk email whatever you decide Herb (et al). Even with my sporatic use A-mart is worthwhile.

-Guy

December 22, 2004 03:09 PM Forum: Polls

It should be.....

Posted By Guy Jordan

Thank you... and a Merry Christmas to you too.

-Guy

March 31, 2005 08:50 AM Forum: Polls

Manned Missions to Space

Posted By Guy Jordan

In my opinion, manned space exploration is a reasonable stretch goal to force us to develop new skills. Some argue the risks are not justifiable but I think they are manageable. There is a difference between a calculated risk and a "shot-in-the-dark".

-Guy

April 5, 2005 03:17 PM Forum: Polls

Manned Missions to Space

Posted By Guy Jordan

Walter Locke said:

For the U.S. space program to be an effective tool of exploration and discovery, NASA must have a clear mandate that isn't going to change by the whims of each successive administration. NASA must also have adequate funding that isn't going to be affected by the transient successes and failures of each high-profile mission. Finally, NASA needs an overhaul to make it less bureaucratic, and more flexible, creative, and bold, without being reckless.

Walter

The same can be said of many government funded, and privately funded endeavors. NASA's bureaucracy is endemic to the short leash congress gives them with money and public opinion. They need oversight but not micromanagement... so do I grin

April 5, 2005 03:33 PM Forum: Polls

Manned Missions to Space

Posted By Guy Jordan

Sorry, those goals are not mutually exclusive. Besides, the most important wars are usually those that look hardest to win.

-Guy

April 5, 2005 03:11 PM Forum: Polls

Manned Missions to Space

Posted By Guy Jordan

Paul Kammueller said:
... In this century, our power output will grow well beyond the planet's capacity to absorb and dissipate it. ...

What data do you base this on?

September 24, 2005 08:47 PM Forum: Polls

Worst hurricane reporter question/s

Posted By Guy Jordan

Asked of a woman evacuating from a shelter in Houston after loosing her home in New Orleans; "Do you feel like you've been chased from you home again?"

Reports always puting words into the mouths of their victims makes the report the story, not the incident.

May 10, 2006 08:17 PM Forum: Polls

Who wins?

Posted By Guy Jordan

Chris was solid with the Elvis songs... my wife and I thought Katharine was a gonner.

The 'public' has spoken so I guess 'hot' trumps bald.

-Guy

August 30, 2006 09:29 AM Forum: Polls

Pluto

Posted By Guy Jordan

It depends on your definition of "is".

November 17, 2006 10:35 AM Forum: Polls

The Colts

Posted By Guy Jordan

Ok then, I'm positive that I think they won't stay undefeated 8) . No slam here, just a bow to a statistial longshot. -Guy