New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Bill Madewell

September 5, 2004 06:44 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Whats it WORTH ?

Posted By Bill Madewell

Hello Guys,
I have enjoyed everybodies imput on various subjects.
I came across a "strange" item a month ago, and I hope maybe someone can comment or help lead me to the right direction. I was doing my regular monthly Bill paying in town, when a cashregister worker handed me a 5 cent nickel . We both looked at it and realized that it was made totally of "COPPER" and minted in the U.S. in 1970. Is this a rare coin or something ??
I checked it out, it is totally Copper with normal ware for the past 34 years.

Have any Ideas folks, Thanks for taking my Off Topic question .. I look forward to yalls responces.

CS,
Bill Madewell
Tennessee

October 12, 2004 03:19 AM Forum: Politics

Second Civil WAR

Posted By Bill Madewell

Guys,
I have been reading several threads and see good points on both sides and very civil responces in responce..

My question too everyone is, what happens if we and God forbide, we have a major problem like we did 4 years ago after the election ??

The problems like the voting problems in Florida, early decisions on who won the Election before the polls closed over All 50 STATES, Suprime Court, Lasuits, and the hurrific list goes on.

I have always Voted in an Indapendent Conservative direction. The past 28 years I have mostly Voted Republican, BUT not this coming year..
This year instead of my religious views, I will decide on my WALLET !!

My impressions of the past four years has been formed by my exstreme lack of sleep due to losing my job to Mexico."I am in retrainning now"
I was at that Job for 10 years. Watching people become distant among themselves,exspecially if politics are even mention. A Division in this Country that seems no end.

I haven't felt hope or seen that indication on any persons face in the past 4 years. Remember I did Vote for Mr. Bush and relunctily...

Everyday I see people short tempared and frustraited..
You got the News networks, Comedians,those sickning neverends advertisement on politics, and so on...

You can beat and old dog only so much.

Besides Slavery, what was the other serious problems that led up too the First Civil WAR ??

Does anybody who might know something about early American History see any tieing together such problems or Civil behavior or anything that even looks or hints that History might repeat itself and is in the creaton of a New Civil War ?

To me this is most disturbing..

I hear most young people and others say that , they would think twice about bringing a Child into this world because of the mess it is in.

If you have a thought, please share...

I don't want too lose OUR COUNTRY and see a real Civil War with real Blood..

God Bless,

Bill Madewell
Tennessee-Home of Mr.Gore and Andrew Jackson :S

April 17, 2005 05:38 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Need a little help guys

Posted By Bill Madewell

[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][SIZE="Large"][/SIZE]
Hi Fellas,
Can anybody tell me their oppion on the Coronado Sol Ranger ?
I need a finder for my Solar White light Scope, its a pain too track down the Sun threw the diagnal and EP.
Has anybody had any exsperience ?
You might save me some money...And aggrivation !

After looking threw a PST, I was more than pleased...
I have decided too purchased such a Scope as a start in H-a vewing and in the process of finding the best deal in cost of the scope and Shipping to Lynchburg Tennessee-Jack Daniels country..

And Last, I am somewhat confused with some termanology on such things as Double stack, and etc.
I am one who has too see what a person is talking about. Any help or areas too look at, is much appriciated guys.
Have a Super day fella's and ClearSkys,

Bill Madewell
Lynchburg, TN.
6.2 Mag Skys

June 7, 2005 07:07 AM Forum: Politics

What If ?

Posted By Bill Madewell

Gentalmen,
If the Founding Fathers of the United States were alive today, and pushing a Revolution ,would they be considered Hero's, Trators,terrorist, reformist or patriots ?
Washington, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, etc....

Bill- wink

June 21, 2005 07:16 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Great Artical

Posted By Bill Madewell

Guys,
I just got my "Astronomical League" June 2005 issue of the "Reflector"....
It had a great artical on page 16 of the NEAF starparty show, with pictures from Mike Godek 8) and Greg Piepol 8) ..
You see a great crowd of folks like Paul Hyndman 8) and other Sun Worshipers.. I hope all get a chance too read and see the pictures.
I hope too go someday myself ! grin
Greg, thats a sweet picture of the SUN !

Bill- TN.

June 30, 2005 04:21 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Starting a New adventure- please help

Posted By Bill Madewell

Guys,
I have never posted on this forum, so if you can, please help a person get started in Astrophotography.

I have bought an Olympic OM-2 with a 80-200 zoom lense.
I know nothing about the operation of this kind of camera.

What other Lenses and add-ons do I need ?
Kinds of film, websites of interest you may share...

Any information on this new venture will be most welcome.

I have telescopes from a 16 DOB to a Short Tube 80, in my arsenal.

I enjoy seeing everybody pictures and wished I could doo it also someday. Can you guys help ?

Thanks and CLear Skys,
Bill- 8)

September 3, 2005 06:59 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

A SOL question

Posted By Bill Madewell

Has anyone seen or heard of a connection between Solar activity on the Sun, and Hurricanes ? Your oppions welcome hear...
It would be neat to see the activities of the Sun, two weeks before Katrina and and after.
If anyone has a collection of photo's on a daily of the Sun, and dated, to make a collosal, please send.

Thankyou,
Bill- Clear Skys

Tennessee,USA 8)

September 18, 2005 04:04 AM Forum: Star Parties

Hi,is anyone going to the TNSP 2005

Posted By Bill Madewell

I hope too see all my old friends and make some new ones. grin
I have enjoyed it, each time it comes each year. The viewing, speakers, and the stories of the BIG one that didn't get away, just fires me up. smile
This will my first time too do some Astro Imaging. Mars here I come....
I am ready for the family astro reunion...
So if you are coming, please tell me, and I will be on the lookout for you. 8O

Clear Skys,
Bill- 8)

March 6, 2006 02:44 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Your Impressions and advice

Posted By Bill Madewell

I was looking at my New Orion Catalog and was wondering, has anybody purchased or looked threw the New Orion Binoviewer ???
Your comments are welcome, one way or another.

Bill

March 29, 2006 07:30 AM Forum: Star Parties

Star Party-come join the FUN !

Posted By Bill Madewell

Hello Gang,
We are having the Tennessee Spring Star Party, at Tennessee best known State Parks "Fall Creek Falls". We will have several speakers of various topics, a Super music concert from world reknown musician of NASA , Planetarium, and other venues,Jon Serrie...
The Skys are very nice, and the surrounding forest and Water Falls... Lot of things to do for everybody.
And yes there will be Venders . Come join the FUN...

BILL- grin