My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jay Emirzian

April 18, 2004 08:42 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Question about filters

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Is there an advantage/disadvantage in screwing the filter directly into the diagnal before the eyepiece? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

April 18, 2004 08:56 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

QUESTION??

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Is anyone a member or been to one of the star parties of the Treasure Coast Astronomical Society?

Jay
shocked)

April 27, 2004 09:12 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Focal Reducer

Posted By Jay Emirzian

I own a 9.25" SCT and would like to put a focal reducer on the scope for a wider field. The problem is I have a crayford focuser as well. I have found that if I have a focal reducer attached with a crayford focuser I cannot reach focus. Is there any way of solving this problem besides removing the focuser?

Thanks
Jay
shocked)

May 1, 2004 09:58 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

WHY..????

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Why can't I use a focal reducer with my Crayford focuser on my 9.25" SCT? Is there a way to solve this becides removing the focuser? Please help..

Jay
shocked)

May 10, 2004 08:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Lumicon UV Dust Seal for most SCTs??

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Aside from the fact it will reduce the amount of dust into the OTA what are the visual advantages/disadvantages of the Lumicon UV Dust Seal?

Thanks

Jay
shocked)

May 17, 2004 07:10 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Filters?????

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Who makes the best filters? Lumicon, Baader, Meade, Orion, etc..? I would like to be able to place the filters in the diagonal for convenience, but am worried about image degradation. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

June 25, 2004 09:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Digital Camera Question????

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Hello everyone,
I am in the beginning stages of finding a nice digital camera. I would like to spend $1000 or less. Is it possible to find a happy medium for a camera suited for both recreation and astrophotography? If so any information would be great.

Clear skies,
Jay
shocked)

June 25, 2004 09:20 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Digital Camera Question???

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Hello everyone,
I am in the beginning stages of finding a nice digital camera. I would like to spend $1000 or less. Is it possible to find a happy medium for a camera suited for both recreation and astrophotography? If so any information would be great.

Clear skies,
Jay
shocked)

August 30, 2004 06:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Carbon Fiber Tubes...

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Does anyone have input on where to buy different diameters of carbon fiber tubing? I have searched the Internet high and low and have come up with very little.

Thanks,
Jay

October 29, 2004 07:43 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

55mm TV Plossl???

Posted By Jay Emirzian

Does anyone know if a step ring is made to adapt the 55mm TV Plossl to a 52mm camera filter?

Thanks,
Jay