Posts Made By: Thomas Jane

June 8, 2004 11:43 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Second Venus photo

Posted By Thomas Jane

Just came in with this picture using projection and digital camera,80mm F-15 Sears '77 Discoverer telescope.

June 16, 2004 07:38 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter sketch,6-15

Posted By Thomas Jane

Last night, I was able to get a descent view of Jupiter,there was a dark spot in the neb that blossomed into a festoon into he E.Z,a rift in the seb,and he stb was very dark and rather knotty.anyway here is my sketch.

July 22, 2004 06:04 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Cassendi region,snapshot,6"achro,handheld.

Posted By Thomas Jane

This is a quick photo at 200x, 6mm Expanse eyepiece,6"achro.

July 23, 2004 02:00 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Tycho Area.C6R,digital camera

Posted By Thomas Jane

Here is another effort, Tycho region from 6/28,200x,6mm Expanse

August 6, 2004 02:34 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mare Nectaris Area

Posted By Thomas Jane

This photo ws taken last night,with a fuji 3.2,handheld above a 6mm eyepiece attached to a C6R.The crator Stiborius was striking looking like a hole in the moon

August 8, 2004 03:06 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Bruise on the moon?

Posted By Thomas Jane

This feature south of the Apennine Mts. and north of the Hyginus Rille looks like some low mountains or gullies,I don't find it in my limited moon material, it is near the center of this photo taken on the morning of 8/7,6"achro handheld Fuji digital.

August 26, 2004 02:38 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Alexander's diamond ring

Posted By Thomas Jane

Last Sat. night 8/21, I observed the moon with my 6" achro, I saw a number of light rays surrounding the walled plain of Alexander, This crator is just south of Eudoxus,I tookthis photo using my 3.2 Fuji digital, I brightened the limb a bit to get the rays to show up.

October 4, 2004 02:25 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Dark Areas on he Moon

Posted By Thomas Jane

In this photo taken with a 3.2Fuji handheld to my 6" achro at 160x,there are some dark almost cloudlike areas on the moon near Copernicus, are these just places where the dark lunar basalt is just darker than the surrounding maria?They don't seem to have names they almost look smears on my lens.

October 4, 2004 11:39 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Southern Highlands

Posted By Thomas Jane

This photo is taken with a 3.2Fuji digital and a 6" achro at 160x,came out nice.

October 27, 2004 01:59 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mare Imbrim,northwest limb.

Posted By Thomas Jane

Here is a quick snapshot of out moon,6" achro,3.2 Fuji handheld ,160x.