Posts Made By: Ed York

August 13, 2004 02:53 PM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

Favorite movie lines

Posted By Ed York

Night Shift with Henry Winkler & Michael Keaton. Two guys working as pimps from the city morgue on the night shift. The whole thing is a string of classic lines.

- I was about to dunk on you. You couldn't dunk donuts. A dollar?

- (during the opening credits and score) I was here, he was there, that guy's dead and he still aint paid me my dollar.

- Edible paper. You eat it it's gone.

- They barred me. How much were you up? well I was down about $400 but they could tell I was good so they barred me.

- I can turn it up, I can turn it down, from the front to the back, left right, I can make it revurb (used most often when the wife asks you if you could turn the radio/tv down)

- I'm an idea man see.

- Hey kid you like music. Great. Do dooo, do do do, ..do do do (to the tune of jumping jack flash).

- Barney Rubble, what an actor.

- Name of deceased, something polish.

- Love Brokers!

- You couldn't do this in Russia.

- Some business man comes to town, goes to a strip club, gets all worked up, attacks a gil scout and breaks all her cookies (Newspaper folded in half, headline reads Young Girl Attacked)

- (Newspaper head line - unfolded - Young Girl Attacked by German Shepard) German shepard, business man, what's the difference.

- Sometimes the best way to understand a word is to break it down in its parts. Prostitution....... Tion from the latin shun, to push away. That doesn't belong here, I don't know what it's doing in here anyway.

- Chuck you bought a cemetary. Great idea. They'll be dying to get in. Hey this one's full, shouldn't you have bought an empty one.

- Put mayonaisse in the can with tunafish. No wait, feed mayonaisse to the tuna. (into a recorder) Bill call Starkist in the morning.

- (in a cell at Central Lockup) Are you running for cell president? They have that?

- I've sunk as low as I can go. (across the cell a fellow prisoner opens up a string of paper dolls and blows Chuck a kiss) I was wrong.

- (Chuck foaming at the mouth just tried to hit Bill with Bill's tennis racket and wiped out their lawyer's desk) Chuck, you need to keep that elbow straight.

- We killed Washington, and he was our friend.

- Get out of town, you two guys?

too many to mention.

Ed

August 15, 2004 06:02 AM Forum: Telescope Making

August 15, 2004 06:02 AM Forum: Telescope Making

August 15, 2004 06:08 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Scope Upgrade - 1 Yard Line

Posted By Ed York

The approach

August 15, 2004 06:10 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Posted By Ed York

Down the focuser, off the new secondary - the only DSO I can pick up right now - The Fish Head Nebula (M111?)

Sorry about the focus - I shouldn't have left it on autofocus.

August 15, 2004 06:27 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

How do you shoot a whole roll?

Posted By Ed York

Bob,

Talk you your wife and see if she's game for a couple of kids. Then you'll always have something to do with those extra shots.

Problem Solved. Next!

Ed

August 16, 2004 05:14 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Posted By Ed York

On the recommendations of a friend, Before & After.

Ed

August 20, 2004 06:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What have you bought/sold on Astromart this year

Posted By Ed York

Successfully bought/sold a whole bunch. Tried to buy/sell a whole bunch more.

Used the forums a whole bunch. Learned enough to go spend a bunch with Astromart Sponsors.

1/2 way through I figured the value was pretty good so I spent a little on becoming an Astromart Supporter.

Ed

August 22, 2004 12:14 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Radians have arrived, with clouds of course!

Posted By Ed York

I think you have room for 2 more. 8)

August 22, 2004 12:18 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Radians have arrived, with clouds of course!

Posted By Ed York

Galileo's 2nd law of Astronmoy

* New Equipment = Clouds

Mirror arrived on Tuesday. Tuesday night seeing about 5-6 (intermittent clouds). Rain Wednesday through Saturday.

Attached is Sunday morning's 10 day forecast - 1 clear day a week from now and btw the in-laws are in town that day.

Ed