My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: john hart

February 13, 2004 07:56 PM Forum: Eyepieces

has anyone tried these EP's ?

Posted By john hart

i have a lx200gps 10" f/10 and was looking at getting a 2 ' EP. Has anyone ever tried these in a similar scope? EP looking at are ......

42mm vixen lanthanum superwide
40mm UO MK70Konig
40mm celestron axiom

thanks
john

p.s. i will also be using a f/6.4 focal reducer for the 2" EP's.

February 18, 2004 07:18 AM Forum: Eyepieces

please vote !!!!!!

Posted By john hart

i am using a lx200 f/10 SCT. I want to get a 2" EP for deep sky viewing. What would be the best for my scope ?(i know the 41mm panoptic would be but it is way too much $) The choices are .....i think they are good?..........

40mm celestron axiom
40mm UO MK70Konig
42mm lanthanum superwide

i will be buying used EP !!!!!!! PLEASE VOTE !!!!!!!!!

john

March 3, 2004 03:54 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

newbie , help me !

Posted By john hart

Since i can't afford a digital SLR(unless i can find one used cheap)i an resolved to a point and shoot. Can someone recommend a digital camera for astrophotography? My primary will imaging deep space and some planets. My scope is a lx200gps 10" f/10.

john

January 13, 2005 12:22 AM Forum: Eyepieces

what is a good for eyepeice projection astrophotography

Posted By john hart

My scope is a LX200GPS 10" f/10 UHTC. I want to do some eyepeice projection astrophotography using my canon digital rebel. My goals are to image Mars,Jupiter and Saturn at around 300x-400x magnification.
I was thinking of using maybe a 6-8mm eyepeice.
One thing is, right now I am using a 10mm plossl and a 2x celestron short barlow and I was wondering if using a 5mm eyepeice alone would give me a sharper image ??????

Here is my best attempt at jupiter, 1 raw shot eyepeice projection using a 10mm no name plossl.

Thanks
John

February 18, 2004 06:57 PM Forum: Meade

LX200GPS Question

Posted By john hart

i have the same scope and am looking to get a 2"EP for wide feild deep sky. what kind of 2" EP do you use ? i can't afford the naglers. what fl and mag should use for deep sky objects......

john

February 21, 2004 01:46 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

nagler vs. antares

Posted By john hart

i have no experince with naglers but i did buy the 10mm SWA speers waler EP and in my 10" SCT f/10 the view is sharp to the edge and good colour and view. Can't do much better than that.
From what i have heard though the 10mm SWA is the only EP in the SWA that is good , the rest are not that great.