Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Happy Halloween: Witch's Broom Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Timothy Iafolla

September 11, 2005 03:27 AM Forum: Politics

Who said part 2 1/2?

Posted By Timothy Iafolla

John Adams, maybe? His writing always has a certain ring.

Tim Iafolla

September 18, 2005 07:26 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Full moon

Brian,

Vivid detail, and really lovely and intense color. Very nice full moon.

Tim Iafolla

September 20, 2005 08:44 AM Forum: Telescope Making

bino-periscope/rabbit ears variation

Jess,

Your way would require large, very high quality flats. Maybe a compromise: fold the path halfway back, which would require 3 inch flats (or even 1/3 of the way, for 4 inch flats). You would still have some of the advantages: most of the weight being distributed along the altitude axis, and reduced EP motion. But it would give you much less total weight, much less cost, and probably better optical performance (1/20th wave 3 inch elliptical secondaries are easy to find...very difficult at 6 inches). HTH,

Tim Iafolla

September 20, 2005 08:47 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars 2005/8/18 IrRGB

Wow! You're getting into Damien Peach territory here (g).

Tim Iafolla

September 21, 2005 06:25 AM Forum: Religion

Re: Another tolerance scenario for the Musketeers

Darrell Fichtl said:

God is nowhere to be found under any conditions unless you tend toward hallucinations. The only testimony you have are from a few individuals, of questionable motive, pounding the Bible and expecting you to believe that it is the word of God!

[SIZE="Large"]D[/SIZE]

Darrell,
GW Bush claimed during his first campaign that God spoke to him, and that's why he was running for president. So now we have proof that the ruler of the universe is Republican. What really pisses me off is that by making that claim he probably attracted the winning margin of voters.
Seriously, I recently returned from Shanghai. Even the Chinese people think he's a doofus.

Tim Iafolla

September 25, 2005 10:08 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Tycho at teatime

Alan, Beautiful detail and superb grayscale.

Virtual Moon Atlas puts the height of the central peak at 1500 meters. From your photo it looks like an easy climb!

Tim Iafolla

September 26, 2005 05:03 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

September 30, 2005 03:25 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Info for Those considering upgrading Luminera Came

Jim,

I appreciate the information you have put forward. I was thinking about a Luminera purchase but wasn't aware of the proprietary software issue (a minor negative) and the USB hardware key requirement (a HUGE negative...I thought hardware dongles had been forced out of the market years ago).

As nice as the Luminera is, I'll be looking into other solutions. Thanks again,

Tim Iafolla

October 3, 2005 05:38 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars in IR (Infinity camera)--again

Excellent detail and processing, Mike. There's a line of 6 or 7 dark rouond spots at about 45 degrrees latitude....dos anyone know what they are in terms of land forms? I can almost see the canals wink .

Tim Iafolla

October 3, 2005 05:48 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Early Saturn

Ed,

I literally gasped when I saw this image; it may be the tightest Saturn I've ever seen from an 8". The planetary detail and colors are tremendous. Can't wait to see your Mars.

I would love to see a focogram or interferogram of your scope...it would be interesting to see what the quality of the mirror is that corresponds to this image.

Tim Iafolla

Tim Iafolla