My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: George Edwards

November 16, 2009 05:31 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

AP 900GTO

Posted By George Edwards

Does anyone know if a Losmandy G-11 Saddle Plate will fit on a AP900 head? If the bolt pattern does fit is a spacer necessary ? If it doesn't match up is there an adapter made ?

February 12, 2010 01:46 PM Forum: TeleVue

TeleVue Dioptrx

Posted By George Edwards

Does anybody know if the TeleVue Dioptrx will work on a 20mm Type 2 Nagler ?

January 28, 2008 06:58 AM Forum: Maksutovs

It is here IM 715

Posted By George Edwards

Itz ,Let us know how you like the IM715. I had one a few years back. It was a great scope ,but I sold it to finance a bigger Mak. Currently I own a IM10/10 and the IM815 that was mentioned by Mark at Teton in an earlier post.

April 1, 2008 05:49 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

8.5" Mak

Posted By George Edwards

Joe ,Is this an April Fools joke? If not how long have you been on the Mak waiting list?

July 4, 2004 04:15 AM Forum: Polls

Let FREEDOM Reign?

Posted By George Edwards

Ruled by freedom? Sounds a bit oxymoronic.

October 4, 2008 03:34 PM Forum: Polls

Winner of debate #1 was....

Posted By George Edwards

If older well-to-do white men on Astromart were smarter then the average person why do they keep voting for dummies like Bush and McCain? And if they have such faith in the economic policies of Bush and McCain why have we lost a million jobs in the past year ? Now the policies of Bush and McCain have resulted in socailizing the mistakes of corporate America , bankrupting the country . Added to that McCain's first executive decision was to put a person on his ticket that thinks that the Earth is only six thousand years old and that man walked with the dinosaurs ! Is this really the type of "intelligence" Amateur Astronomers want to portray to the larger community?

October 9, 2008 01:30 PM Forum: Polls

Debate #2 winner is.....

Posted By George Edwards

Yes the "My Friends" thing is creepy, but the scariest thing about the debate was that John McCain looked like a walking cadaver and needed to take a nap for about the next four years . If McCain manages to win I doubt he will be physically able to do the job , that would mean we would have Sarah Palin and her band of religious extremists running the country , now that truly would be scary.

October 9, 2008 07:21 PM Forum: Polls

Debate #2 winner is.....

Posted By George Edwards

I don't see where Rev. Wright has stated extreme religious views . His church seems to have pretty much the standard Christian themes . It may be possible to make an argument that Rev. Wright has extreme political views , but I am not in the shoes of a Black man who has lived through a lot more institutionalized injustice and everday prejudice then I have , so I am not going to judge him for his feelings. As for Sarah Palin not having an extreme religious doctrine you have got to be kidding or you just haven't been paying attention. That peaceful prayer you mentioned was being done by a "Witch Doctor" who was "Laying Hands" on Sarah Palin to cast the evil demons out of her body!! By the way after hearing her this past week , it didn't work. Palin's belief that the Earth is only six thousand years old and that man was walking with the dinosaurs , along with a host of other anti-scientific views seals the deal for me that she isn't qualified to be leading our country. Added to that her "end-timers" Armaggeddonist point of view makes her very dangerous . As for McCain looking old and feeble , you don't need a telescope to see that. It's not a matter of ageism , McCain is an old 72 and he will only get worse.

October 11, 2008 02:44 AM Forum: Polls

Debate #2 winner is.....

Posted By George Edwards

Les , I totally agree with what you wrote , but after watching the events of this past week I would go further and seriously question McCain's mental well being as well as his physical decrepitness. Not only was the pick of Sarah Palin highly irresponsible because of her complete lack of national and international experience ,it was also highly irresponsibe because the woman is just plain nuts . And she has proved to be dangerously nuts . Sarah Palin has been behaving like Adolf Hitler in a skirt , whipping up the Neanderthals at her rallies to the verge of violence. With the economy in the tank and the political climate that is being set by McCain and Palin this is beginning to look like Germany in the Thirties. And people please take it easy on poor Jeffery , he is a good Astromarter , but when it comes to politics he is obviously very emotional and wildly irrational.