New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Steve Shlafer

December 3, 2005 05:21 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Toyota advice needed

Posted By Steve Shlafer

Help please!
My family wants a Toyota Camry, fully loaded. We have a 3y.o. Avalon and a 10 y.o. Corolla now.
My question: I have heard that the 2006 model will be totally different from the 2004 and 2005 models. Will there be much benefit to wait for the new, even tho it's supposed to be improved? I tend to shy away from newer models of anything until they've been tested on the market.
Of note: the car will be used for short home to school or work/ shopping trips so that gas eceonomy is not much of a factor. We live both close to work/school and shopping.
We'll most likely go through a car broker.

January 23, 2006 06:21 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Baader

Posted By Steve Shlafer

Is there any use for a Baader solar continuum filter w/ a Coronado SM40 BF10 filter on a refractor (teleVue 102? I also have the Coronado Adapter plate for the 102.

February 18, 2006 07:05 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Ad# 410796

Posted By Steve Shlafer

A bit aggressive? I've never had the problems described here, tho I guess all is possible.
I generally check the rating of the buyer or seller. A good A-Mart rating is based on reliable data, often based on numerous transactions.
Have I just been lucky, having only been burned once? This was early on, and I didn't check the seller's rating carefully.

March 18, 2006 06:03 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Solar Max 40 BF-10

Posted By Steve Shlafer

I have the above filter set-up to use w/ my Tak FS-78 and TV 102. I have the adapters for these. I see on A-Mart an adapter for TV85 that is for the Solar Max 60 set-up(for telescopes 3000mm or less.)What would happen if I put this adapter on my TV85 and use my SolarMax 40 BF-10 filter set up?

March 21, 2006 09:18 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Forums

Posted By Steve Shlafer

Whenever I click on to "Forums," I have to click out of "Hide Forums," and on to "Display All Forums." Is there a way to avoid having to do this?

March 25, 2006 04:49 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

ask again

Posted By Steve Shlafer

I see a SolarMax 60 adapter plate for TV85 for sale. Will this work w/ my SolarMax 40 BF10 system?

April 3, 2006 04:26 PM Forum: Celestron

Celestron question

Posted By Steve Shlafer

I'm selling my G-8 mount and am getting a used C-9.25 + G-5 which is in good shape. I will put this on a wooden field tripod.
In order to give optimal utilization of the G-5 I was thinking of getting another OTA.
Thoughts?
C-6 S?
I don't photograph, only view.

April 26, 2006 06:15 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Trapezium

Posted By Steve Shlafer

I have viewed the Trapezium many times, of course. In photos, as in R. Kerrod's "Stargazer's Guide to the Universe," I often see a star just N of "A". Is this what is described in "Night Sky Observer"s Guide as a star 4" N of "A?"

June 7, 2006 04:59 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Alt/Az mount

Posted By Steve Shlafer

I recently spoke w/ Barry from D&G and he mentioned that there was a person showing well crafted, heavy duty alt/az mounts at NEAF. Barry couldn't remember the name of said person. Does anyone know who this is?
Thanks.

June 21, 2006 09:15 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Paul Rini

Posted By Steve Shlafer

Haven't heard much from him lately. Is he ok?