My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Larry Maciag

March 12, 2004 12:08 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Help determining a fair price for older 10" newt

Posted By Larry Maciag

I'm considering buying a 20-ish year old homemade scope from a friend. Back in high school days he and I did a bit of ATMing. I made a 6" Newtonian with home ground mirror. He made this 10" F 5.4 with a Coulter mirror, fiberglass tube w/ trim rings, four vane sec. mount, 9 point mirror mount and 2" focuser. All decent components but the whole thing cost him around $300.00 at the time so none of it was really "high end". Assuming the optics are still clean after all these years what is a fair price to pay? OTA only, no finder/eyepieces etc. Thanks for any input...

March 21, 2004 03:18 AM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Can't remember exact price and ad has disappeared

Posted By Larry Maciag

I'm new to astromart so maybe I'm missing something obvious, but here's the situation. I responded to an ad with an offer to buy. There was a delay of a few days then I got a message saying the item was mine. I was instructed to mail a check to the person while he is out of town and unreachable for about a week. No problem except I don't remember the exact price and I can no longer find the ad. Apparently it was deleted or expired but it doesn't show up when I search the ad archives either.The ad # was 257075. Any tips?

Thanks

March 31, 2004 05:12 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Jim Jingozian, messages bouncing back

Posted By Larry Maciag

Hi, I have tried repeatedly to respond to an ad placed by Jim Jingozian and the messages keep coming back as undeliverable. Anyone know him?

September 15, 2021 04:51 AM Forum: Refractors

Can you identify this refractor???

Posted By Larry Maciag

Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase the telescope shown in the attached photos.  It is claimed to be an Astro Physics 130mm F/6 Apochromat with a three element objective from “approximately 1985” but there are no markings present to clearly identify it. Anybody here able to identify it with some level of certainty?  Any guess at a fair market value?

September 15, 2021 04:51 AM Forum: Refractors

Posted By Larry Maciag

Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase the telescope shown in the attached photos.  It is claimed to be an Astro Physics 130mm F/6 Apochromat with a three element objective from “approximately 1985” but there are no markings present to clearly identify it. Anybody here able to identify it with some level of certainty?  Any guess at a fair market value?

September 15, 2021 05:19 AM Forum: Refractors

Posted By Larry Maciag

Here’s the front of the lens cell…

The only markings present are the weird backwards looking characters barely visible at the top part of this view.  Weird.