Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

IC 5149 Cacoon Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Doug Walton

October 21, 2006 04:09 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

October 29, 2006 06:24 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

New Fan Placement for my 22" F4

Posted By Doug Walton

Carl, could you elaborate on the assumptions and expectations you're working with regarding mirror box airflow, direct cooling of the primary, scrub the primary mirror's boundary air layer, placement of the mirrors, vibration, etc.?

Thanks!
Doug

November 11, 2006 08:05 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

November 11, 2006 08:09 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Astro-Physics 10" mak/cass

Posted By Doug Walton

... I wait with anticipation for the opportunity to take this scope off your hands for a fair-market price. 8)

November 24, 2006 08:37 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

ServoCat arrived

Posted By Doug Walton

Just remember, if you cross that line and install the ServoCat on your SM scope, you will void your warranty and be cast into the pit of hell for it! 8)

November 25, 2006 11:55 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M33 - Meade 10"LX200R-Mach1 mount

Posted By Doug Walton

Nice image! I know what you mean though - I'm also having a devil of a time finding an AP 10" Mak. 8)

January 2, 2007 10:45 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Truss Pole Shrink Tubing

Posted By Doug Walton

Call AstroSystems - I got some from them a few years back and they know what size is correct for the truss poles you'll be using.

January 27, 2007 10:11 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

February 2, 2007 10:27 PM Forum: Reflectors

February 12, 2007 10:22 AM Forum: Reflectors

Argo Navis and Sky Commander comparison

Posted By Doug Walton

FWIW, I've been using the Sky Commander and SkyTracker setup that comes with Starmasters for around 6 years now, and it works fine. However, one thing I'd really like to have that the ServoCat/AN combination has is the spiral search feature. Many time with my scopes, it does the GOTO, but the object is for whatever reason just outside the FOV. But where, and how far? I find myself doing this thing all the time where I do an awkward "manual" spiral search, looking around in the general proximity of the original FOV via the control box until it pops into view. It would be nice to have the scope doing this, so I could just watch, and when I see it, I could just hit a button, it would stop, and it would track from there. In the overall scheme of things though, this is minor for me.