My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mike Watts

June 21, 2005 08:48 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Hourglass in Lagoon Nebula

Posted By Mike Watts

This is six 15 minute exposures with an ST2000XCM and a C14. CCDSoft to capture, CCDOPS for cool and hot pixel filters and color conversion. Photoshop for processing.

June 30, 2005 01:04 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Sombrero Galaxy

Posted By Mike Watts

Here is a 1.5 hour exposure of the Sombrero Galaxy. C14 and ST2000XCM from New Mexico.

Appreciate any comments you have.

June 30, 2005 03:03 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another M27

Posted By Mike Watts

Like Tyler, I also just took an image of M27. This was with a C14 at f5.5 with an ST2000XCM single shot color camera.

Let me know what you think!

Michael

January 5, 2006 12:55 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M51 reprocessed

Posted By Mike Watts

Since my telescope is down awaiting a new mount I don't have anything new to work on. So I decided to go back and reprocess some images I took before I had Photoshop CS. This M51, which was my first DSO image, was taken with a C14 and an ST2000XCM at f5.5, eight 15 minute exposures.

All comments appreciated.

Mike

January 7, 2006 10:06 PM Forum: Refractors

Field Flattener for TV-76?

Posted By Mike Watts

I'm thinking of trying to use my STL6303E with a TV-76 but the TV field flattener seems only to screw onto their camera adapters, which are for 35mm SLRs. Does anyone know how to use it with an STL, which has a 2" nosepiece?

Thanks,
Mike

January 11, 2006 02:32 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Question about filters for the Infinity cameras

Posted By Mike Watts

What RGB filter sets are you Infinity users using? I notice that SBIG has different sets for different cameras. Does anyone know what transfer curves are best for the Infinity?

Thanks,
Mike

March 3, 2005 03:10 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Registax - *WHAT* am I doing Wrong??

Posted By Mike Watts

I think I understand how it works. The quality setting is just an estimate that reduces the number of frames that are optimized and, therefore, the amount of time taken by optimization.

You actually determine the number of frames that are used. In V2 this is done on the stacking step (with the sliders on the quality graph) and in V3 with the Limit sliderl at the bottom of the page after alignment.

Michael

April 7, 2005 01:46 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M42 & Shooting Star? Second light with D70

Posted By Mike Watts

Great image, Ivan!

I've not gotten much in the way of results with my D70 - certainly not this good (I have been trying to use the C14 at f7).

This inspires me to try more with the D70! Can you share more info about the settings? Did you use a dark frame?

Thanks,
Michael Watts

April 8, 2005 02:05 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Markarians Chain w/Nikon D70

Posted By Mike Watts

John, what did you do to calibrate the image? Did you use dark frames? Anything else?

Thanks,
Michael Watts

May 9, 2005 07:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter composite (final)

Posted By Mike Watts

Alan - this images of Jupiter are absolutely wonderful! They bear little resemblence to what I am able to achieve with a Toucam and a C14. Could you mention the equipment that you used? You have probably done this in the past, but I went back through many pages of posts and couldn't find it.

Thanks!
Michael