My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Chris Provost

May 20, 2007 01:58 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Extension power cable for SBIG ST-2000

Posted By Chris Provost

Where can i get an aftermarket extension cable for my SBIG power supply? I think $90 for the SBIG brand is a little steep. Thanks in advance.

Chris

August 26, 2007 02:29 AM Forum: Refractors

Some help on triplet collimation please

Posted By Chris Provost

Is there any online resources explaining triplet specific collimation? Is there an easy way to get in the ballpark without a star? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

October 27, 2008 02:44 AM Forum: Refractors

Is the Tak TSA really a Super-Apo?

Posted By Chris Provost

I have one and am pleased with the scope other than the focuser which has been sloppy since purchased new last year. My question is, is this scope really a super apo? It has the best color correction of any triplet I have owned but I have not owned too many. The design is well published so I am hoping perhaps Rolando will comment on what one can expect from this design. here is a link showing the design:
http://members.cox.net/laservet/Spec-sheet-TSA-102NS-OB.pdf

January 15, 2010 04:35 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Support for January

Posted By Chris Provost

I noticed this ad: http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=664815

I was shocked to see that there are actually that few supporters for the month of January. I also noticed I'm not on the list??? I know that Astromart received my support as my account shows my 6 months of support. I always try to chip in support if I sell off any gear worth much of anything and others really should too IMHO. Even if Herb never sent them a T-shirt for their previous six months of support :C The spiffy coffee cup will be nice this time though wink

April 8, 2010 01:38 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Supporters gifts

Posted By Chris Provost

So how long do we typically have to wait for our t-shrt, coffee mugs? I've been waiting about 2 years if I recall correctly for my t-shirt, and since March for my coffeee mug. I gave up on the T-shirt after a few e-mails were never responded to. Maybe i should just support for a month next time like most others as of late? I need a new coffee mug though...

Chris

May 19, 2010 01:51 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

My little pony

Posted By Chris Provost

So my dealer calls and says he has an '09 Gt with 200 miles on it. I of course had to take a look. After a weekend joyride I had to buy it. I'll most likely sell a scope or two for the Roush SC. My first pony car since my '68 coupe. Flowmasters will arrive in the morning. The stripes and rims gotta go me thinks.

Chris

June 29, 2010 06:32 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

First road trip with the 'stang

Posted By Chris Provost

We recently took a road trip to visit my home town in the Adirondacks of way upstate NY. While we pulled off to take a few pics of a waterfall I noticed just how gorgeous the 'stang happened to look. Although I'm not too gentle on the throttle I managed 21 MPG on the highway, with the newly installed 4.10 gears. The car sits about 1.5" lower than stock due to the Ford Racing springs. It also handles a bit better on the curves. New wheels and shoes on the way...

August 29, 2010 07:41 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Cool autumn air has...

Posted By Chris Provost

been here for a few days in the north east. Time to clean those valves out.

How many car nuts do we have around here anyway? I know Roland, but he can't join my club until he gets the Roush TVS or the Kenne Bell 2.6l blower wink

October 14, 2010 09:21 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Never hit the breaks while doing this

Posted By Chris Provost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtjVpBVbt8&feature=player_embedded >sad

October 1, 2007 01:31 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Gemini v. Losmandy DSC and Digital Drive

Posted By Chris Provost

MY G11G will put any object I select one oneside of the meridian smack dab in the center of my ST2K chip at 816mm everytime. Withought a model in Gemini again on one side of the meridian and an excellent polar alignment it is nearly as good. If your imaging then platesolving will help you build a terrific model in Gemini.

Chris