Richard Fletcher

Bubble Nebula Close Up

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Chris Provost

October 31, 2008 11:10 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Opinions. the best 100mm APO for imaging?

Posted By Chris Provost

With a largish chip probably the NP-101. The Tak TSA is an astounding 102mm scope at F/8 and does equally as well at F/5.9. Also the TMB/APM offerrings are excellent as well.

August 19, 2009 07:51 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Fast M13

Posted By Chris Provost

forget about the columns...the image is full of hot pixels! Or are all those tiny things stars;-)

August 26, 2009 08:45 PM Forum: Refractors

AP 155 EDF vs TOA 150

Posted By Chris Provost

AP 900 and Tak TOA 150. Matter of fact Herb is offering a deal on that exact combo now!

Chris

June 28, 2010 11:33 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

October 15, 2010 06:14 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Never hit the breaks while doing this

Posted By Chris Provost

Sure looked like fun though, huh grin

January 17, 2008 06:00 AM Forum: Polls

Wins the SUPER BOWL

Posted By Chris Provost

Well it's obvious the Pats needed to cheat to beat the Jets 8) Of course that is a joke.

August 7, 2008 03:00 PM Forum: Polls

THE QUESTION - some of you shouldn't look - you have been warned

Posted By Chris Provost

Sure the economy was booming when Billy was at the helm. Well, actually a proped up technological boom that was reporting false earnings and stealing from investors at an amazing pace. Then the balloon burst and folks went to jail and Clinton moved to Harlem.......how poetic:-) Maybe while he had everyone eating out of his hand he could have started to work on Social Security, or getting ammo and food to the soldiers in Somalia? What do you think Reagan would have done if our troops where being killed and dragged through the streets? I'll NEVER forgive Clinton for that one...or the USS Cole. Having been a soldier I had to try to part my opinion from my duty. Republican or Democrat...it really doesn't matter. Either party is just there to make money and gain power we are just a pain in their asses.

CP

Joe Bergeron said:

The only time since before Reagan when our debt was in decline and our budget was in surplus was during the last few years of the Clinton administration. He did a few things in his time which I didn't care for, but he did, at least, do that much right.

I suspect the habitual Republican budget-busting has something to do with their desire to "strangle the Federal government until it's small enough to drown in a bath tub."

August 7, 2008 08:10 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Chris Provost

Joe Bergeron said:

[QUOTE]Chris Provost said:

What do you think Reagan would have done if our troops where being killed and dragged through the streets?

[QUOTE]

I dunno...maybe the same thing he did when that Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by terrorists...withdraw?

Perhaps, but he would not have left them there with "It" swinging in the wind. Point being that for real change we need a man/woman (not Hillary) that is willing to act and act in a convincing way.

August 8, 2008 08:14 AM Forum: Polls

Posted By Chris Provost

[QUOTE]Richard Wright said:

This is a good point. I don't think we have a contender with Reagan's acting skills in our current crop. Those tears on national television when the bodies of our Marines came home saved his Presidency. Of course, the current guy found a way from being accountable, even when our soldiers have been ordered to park their tracks and drive those pos humvees. Yep, he has something.

[QUOTE]
Dick,

Lol, I guess I should have not used the word "act". I knew someone would use that to describe Reagans presidency. Just to clarify though the Humvee is not a pos. The men and woman who work on these (63 Bravo) would most likely not take kindly to that. The Humvee is not designed for a lot of things but it is designed for durability. As was said earlier the executive branch doesn't give the go ahead on funding. Should anyone think the troops need to be mechanized then I suggest you lobby your congress person on that point unless of course they are on the Republican side of the isle...they already agree. While your giving your wish list to your elected official please don't forget to express your dismay over the attachment of STUPID spending to our defense budget. BTW I can live without the smart a$$ comments. I have not offered any as of yet but it is something I am very good at grin Why is it that people can't have a constructive debate without all the 4th grade baby talk?

CP

August 10, 2008 04:59 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Chris Provost

What ever you say Dick. Man your a testy boy. FWIW I've laid hands on many Humvees. Why is it you think that the light wheeled vehicle mechanics aren't in harms way? Seems as though that we happen to ride in the bradly and the Humvee...even during the invasion. Who do you think works on these things when they break in battle? Back off on the attitude??? I don't have any attitude towards you. Yes you did hurt my feelings...I'm really struggling to come to grips with your harsh words, lol. There are some people on these forums I would LOVE to meet someday. What are you suggesting with the "scuffle" comment. Just for the record I will not and do not "scuffle". I do however give 100%...always wink

Chris P

Richard Wright said:

CPPP,

Unlike you, I haven't made a smart remark in my previous post, so I don't know what you are talking about.

The historical record is the US Marines on sentry duty were ordered to keep their guns empty. So the truck carrying an enormous bomb was able to drive up without anyone able to stop its driver. This was reported at the time, and public rage at the betrayal of our troops started building. And Reagan got up and turned on the waterworks with great solemnity, and folks forgot why those young men were dead.

As for the HumVee, you must not have touched one. It's one of the widest machines on the road, and one of the heaviest, yet its exterior is a light aluminum shell meant to save enough weight so it can be airlifted. The good thing about the Jeep which preceded it is it was small enough no one would confuse it having off-road capabilities with any thought that it should be used an armored car. But it wasn't the Republican Congress failing to provide armor that caused the problem- they had provided for the military. When the 4th Mechanized Infantry Division rolled in, complete with M2 Bradley fighting Vehicles and M1A1 tanks, they were told to park them and use HumVees. So you had 11 Bravos dismounting armor and taking light trucks into combat. But yeah, I'm sure the 63 Bravo mechanics and a whole lot of other people who don't get shot at think they are great.

So, why were the tracks parked and silly utility vehicles put in their place? Well, as it turns out, this was the one part of the Pottery Barn principle the administration understood: If you use tracks on streets, they can damage them.

Now back off on the attitude. If I hurt your feelings without even saying anything, you've got too thin a skin to survive a scuffle.

Chris Provost said:

[QUOTE]Richard Wright said:

This is a good point. I don't think we have a contender with Reagan's acting skills in our current crop. Those tears on national television when the bodies of our Marines came home saved his Presidency. Of course, the current guy found a way from being accountable, even when our soldiers have been ordered to park their tracks and drive those pos humvees. Yep, he has something.

[QUOTE]
Dick,

Lol, I guess I should have not used the word "act". I knew someone would use that to describe Reagans presidency. Just to clarify though the Humvee is not a pos. The men and woman who work on these (63 Bravo) would most likely not take kindly to that. The Humvee is not designed for a lot of things but it is designed for durability. As was said earlier the executive branch doesn't give the go ahead on funding. Should anyone think the troops need to be mechanized then I suggest you lobby your congress person on that point unless of course they are on the Republican side of the isle...they already agree. While your giving your wish list to your elected official please don't forget to express your dismay over the attachment of STUPID spending to our defense budget. BTW I can live without the smart a$$ comments. I have not offered any as of yet but it is something I am very good at grin Why is it that people can't have a constructive debate without all the 4th grade baby talk?

CP