My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Gary Palmer

June 8, 2002 01:42 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Paracorr Questions:

Posted By Gary Palmer

Would a Paracorr used in front of a non-barlowed TV Binoviewer still work to correct for coma and still increase magnification by 1.15? Would the paracorr used this way change the focal position by very much? Thank for the info. Gary Palmer

June 12, 2002 05:56 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Where can I find a shorty 1.5X Barlow?

Posted By Gary Palmer

Does anybody know where I might find a pair of "shorty" 1.5X barlows to use on a binoviewer? Thanks .....Gary

August 10, 2002 08:48 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Which eyepiece to binoview moon?

Posted By Gary Palmer

15 Panoptic, 14 Leica, or 13 Nagler T6? I have a 12.5" f/5 Portaball I've rigged for 1X (no 2X barlow) with a TV binoviewer. I love the wide view of the moon at 87X using 18 Radians and want to see it even closer and wider keeping the edge within the AFOV if possibe. Thanks for any input. ...Gary Palmer

August 29, 2002 10:01 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Anyone binoview using a 12.5 Doctor?

Posted By Gary Palmer

Just curious about the results and if it can be done with such large (and expensive) eyepieces.

September 15, 2002 08:33 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

What magnification am I viewing Saturn?

Posted By Gary Palmer

The other night I was binoviewing Saturn with a pair of Radians. The diameter of Saturns rings took up almost one-fourth the width of the Radians 60 degree AFOV. I was wondering at what approximate magnification was I observing Saturn?

September 25, 2002 04:47 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

The Moon SEES me??!!

Posted By Gary Palmer

Good Lord.........What in the world is a near perfect image of the human eye doing on the moon? First time I have noticed it but I'm a newbe. If you know or have seen it please tell me how you think it got there. I'm more than a little shook up.

October 6, 2002 11:44 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Have you seen this eye on the moon?

Posted By Gary Palmer

I observed it September 22 this year, one day after the full moon. It's very detailed resemblance to a human eye looks like an artist must have created it. I had never seen or heard of it before and was wondering if anybody else was familiar with it. A moon atlas refered to this area as 'Palus Putredinus'. It looked much better binoviewed at 140X thru my 12.5" Portaball. This image has been flipped to resemble the view thru a newtonian reflector, that is, up is down and left is right.

December 28, 2002 07:29 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Exit pupil size when binoviewing

Posted By Gary Palmer

Given the same magnification when viewing with one eyepiece in the focuser or each individual eye when binoviewing are the exit pupil sizes the same?

October 29, 2002 05:45 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Spotting scope quest

Posted By Gary Palmer

Mike, Do you think any of the "spotting scopes" would work successfully with a binoviewer?