My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Robert Ficara

August 1, 2010 08:00 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter August 1st 7:30 UT

Posted By Robert Ficara

Last night under very good seeing conditions her in Connecticut I was treated to a spectacular view of Jupiter using my 16" Newtonian. I did notice a neat double star approx 120 minutes south of Ganymede. The stars were very similar in brightness. Difficult to estimate the magnitudes given brightness from Jupiter but I would estimate mag 10 or fainter. I would estimate the separation to be around 10sec. Anyone else notice this double?

November 6, 2010 05:38 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Delay in receiving ads

Posted By Robert Ficara

I am a blue level supporter. According to the new rules, I should get them after a two hour delay. It's been closer to 4 hours for me. I also notice I will get many of the ads all at once until I get the next batch.I do not get them continuously. Any others seeing the same thing?

January 1, 2012 10:49 PM Forum: Takahashi

Takahashi Focuser

Posted By Robert Ficara

I recently took apart the focuser on my FS152 to adjust it. After assembling it the function is smooth and appears to function as designed. I noticed on the rug after I finished a small metal piece. To be honest I do not think it belongs with the focuser but I am not sure. Likely left over from x-mass stuff and just happened to come upon it

August 16, 2012 09:42 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Support Level and # of ads permitted

Posted By Robert Ficara

Just curious to know the following. For example. If a brown level supporter places 300 ads in one year (which they are granted under the new arrangement) how can that supporter not fit into the category that makes him/her a blue level OEM sponsor? Herb can you comment on the percentage of support revenue that comes from blue level sponsors ? 1% 5% ????

September 22, 2012 09:54 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Male Monarch

Posted By Robert Ficara

Bunch of these in the yard today. Cooperative fella's

October 7, 2012 01:03 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Red Belly Woodpecker

Posted By Robert Ficara

As long as he stays off the house. So far no holes!

October 7, 2012 01:05 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Cardinal

Posted By Robert Ficara

Yes, I am looking at you.

August 16, 2015 01:44 AM Forum: Takahashi

Tak align software

Posted By Robert Ficara

Does anyone know when using the Tak Align software for polar alignment are you still required to adjust for longitudinal offset.Thanks.

August 26, 2017 08:43 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Binoscope Company

Posted By Robert Ficara

Anybody know if Joe Castro/Binoscope company is still in business?

May 16, 2003 01:09 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Need a good mount for AP 130 f8.35 HELP

Posted By Robert Ficara

Hi Ashton:
Another mount to consider in your price range is the Mountain Instruments MI 250. More expensive than a EM 200 but less than a NJP.