New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Bill Cotten

December 3, 2005 10:21 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Need info on vintage eyepieces. Brandon, GOTO, Jae

Posted By Bill Cotten

Hello all,
First time posting here or in AM forums for that matter. I have a collection of vintage eyepieces from the 50's-60's I believe. For their age they are in pretty good shape but some of them have serious problems.

I am looking for specific ages for them and values considering their current condition. I have no idea yet if I want to sell them mainly because I have not used most of them and I know nothing of their quality. Given their age, I would assume that they were meant primarily for use in long focal length refractors and consequently have narrow FOV. In general, I just want to know more about them.

Of particular interest to me is a Jaegers marked 2 3/16" E.F.L.. That's more than 55mm FL in a 1.25" barrel!

The Criterions are interesting because of their fine condition.

Being a first time poster I'm not exactly sure about protocol here but I have posted high quality images and descriptions on a website. I could post the URL's here if appropriate. Please advise.
Thanks,
Bill

February 22, 2008 12:03 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Pay for email ad delivery

Posted By Bill Cotten

Hi all,
I was just curious if cutting off the email ad delivery for non-sponsoring recipients has impacted the number of transactions on Astromart at all? I was one of those who stopped receiving ads sometime late last year for not being a current sponsor and I know my purchases have definitely dropped to zero.

I did not always have time to read each ad but I caught most of them. Many of my purchases would be impulse or "I never knew that existed" so I'd buy it type deals. I've added it up and since the days of Robert Fields' Astromart to present I've averaged $1240 in purchases each year. Maybe that defines insanity?!

Anyway, I'm starting to twitch from lack of astronomical impulse buying (Like I need more stuff) so I guess I'll be sponsoring soon. Which level of support is needed to receive email classifieds? Also, is it possible to sponsor anonymously? I do not need or want a special color for ads or a T-shirt or any announcement of my sponsorship etc. Thanks.
Bill

July 19, 2010 06:55 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Value of ST237A camera?

Posted By Bill Cotten

Hello,
I have a brand new, never used ST237A camera with factory installed color filter wheel, all manuals and MaximDL software. Literally the camera was only connected and turned on to verify the filter wheel was installed. I was going to use it for autoguiding but the truth is I'm never really going to find the time. I am trying to establish a value for it so that I can sell or auction it here. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

December 4, 2005 10:23 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Need info on vintage eyepieces. Brandon, GOTO, Jae

Posted By Bill Cotten

Here are the URL's then.
http://www.spokaneastronomical.org/brandon.htm
http://www.spokaneastronomical.org/criterion.htm
http://www.spokaneastronomical.org/jaegers.htm
http://www.spokaneastronomical.org/GOTO.htm

I doubt that these are worth much given their condition. I'll probably end up using them as star party eyepieces.
Bill

April 14, 2007 11:44 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

backing out of a deal

Posted By Bill Cotten

Denise Guglielmo said:

then went to find the ad. The ad was edited and removed the grip - so there is nobody can tell a grip was ever sold.

I have had several people edit their ads after negotiations began or a deal had been struck. I receive AM ads via email so I have a record of the original ad in my inbox. If I begin negotiations to buy an item I will even get a screen shot of the AM page and copy any pictures. I keep these until a transaction is complete. On one occasion I began to feel I was going to get hosed (payment had been made) when an ad was edited. (A number of accessories offered in the purchase disappeared) I emailed to seller to ask about the edit and was told that no edit had been done. I posted the screenshot on a private webpage along with the ad from my inbox and emailed the link to the seller asking if Mr. York might have an interest in the transaction. The transaction went smoothly from there but I have to wonder what might have happened. The seller had an all positive feedback rating.

Sign up for ad delivery via email and keep the email ads for any transaction you enter into until completed. It might pay off someday.
Bill

April 14, 2007 02:53 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Need to get copy of deleted ad!

Posted By Bill Cotten

Jeff Blazey said:

Is there a way of getting a copy of ad no. 481823?

Jeff Blazey

Hi Jeff,
I could email you the ad as it appeared in the email digest version. I have yet to delete my mail for Feb & Mar.
Bill