My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Herzing

September 16, 2003 12:57 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

12.5 dob

Posted By Joe Herzing

I thought I had read somewhere that Synta or GS was going to come out with a 12.5 dob. I am wondering if that has happened?
Thanks
Joe

December 13, 2003 07:59 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Lens Pen

Posted By Joe Herzing

Can a Lens Pen be used on a newtonian mirror?
Thanks
Joe

March 2, 2004 08:38 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Astrophysics Traveller

Posted By Joe Herzing

I have received my new Traveller after almost 5 years and am wondering about an easy way to mount a zero power finder to it without double sided taping it to it. I am using it on a Gibraltar so I have the 4 holes in the tube rings to work with
Thanks for any ideas!
Joe

April 18, 2006 08:41 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

Binocular holder for chairs

Posted By Joe Herzing

I thought maybe S & T did an article on how to build a binocular holder that you can mount to a chair. If anyone has any memories of this or any easy way to do it, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Joe

September 15, 2006 10:34 PM Forum: Refractors

Why not a 4" travel refractor

Posted By Joe Herzing

The Traveller was really the perfect size for a traveling 4" scope that would also work for quick take out. Is there a reason no one else has made a 4" scope, less than ten pounds and less than 20" long (outside of Borg)? It seems there would be a market, the backpacker created a lot of stir. It just seems someone should make one.

December 19, 2007 02:35 PM Forum: Reflectors

8" f/4.5

Posted By Joe Herzing

Are there any current manufacturers making an 8" f4.5 that anyone knows of.
Thanks
Joe

July 9, 2012 07:30 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Astro-physics 178 F9

Posted By Joe Herzing

Hello, I have been observing with a recently acquired 178 F9 it is really awesome what that size refractor can do. I am wondering about the feasability/advisability/difficulty of having the tube cut down for binoviewing at native power. Currently eyepieces come to focus about 3/4" of an inch out. It seems taking a few inches off with help with binoviewing and portability of the scope.
thanks
joe

January 17, 2013 03:12 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: False advertising

Posted By Joe Herzing

If you paid with paypal there are options there.

March 9, 2003 11:46 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

How to mount a 4" refractor on Gibralter mount?

Posted By Joe Herzing

Steve go to a hardware store and get a 1/2"-3/4" X 5-6" piece of steel. They are usually sold in the area of cabinet hardware. You need to drill two holes in the middle of the plate that match your Gibrltar holes and run a 1/4 inch bolt through the holes. Then drill two holes in the end for your tube rings. That is a simple and cheap way. I ended up going to a welding guy to get the two bolts that go through the Gibraltar welded down.
Any ?'s let me know...there of course may be other ways.

September 9, 2003 07:49 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Digital setting circles

Posted By Joe Herzing

try www.jimsmobile.com or lumicon.com
Good luck!