My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: francois regembal

July 10, 2004 11:34 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Please help me focusing my finder!!!

Posted By francois regembal

I have a 9x50 erect finder from Univerity Optics, which I cannot manage to focus! I've checked that each component taken separately works fine, but the EP needs to "go into the diagonal" a couple of mm to achieve focus, which it can't do because there isn't enough travel allowed...
Has anyone faced this type of issue before, and found a way to resolve it?
Thanks! (I don't feel like buying a new finder just because of that!)

August 6, 2004 07:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

HELP! Mt Pinos, CA coordinates!

I'm planning to go to Mt Pinos, CA tomorrow Saturday Aug 7 night: who can give me the latitude and longitude of the parking lot from where we observe???
Thanks!

September 2, 2004 08:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

airline compatible refractor setup?

I'm trying to put together the best quality, yet airline compatible setup for long range travel (for eclipses, southern hemisphere observations, transits etc.)
I came up with:
OTA: TV85 or Takahashi Sky 90
Mount must be equatorial: GP-DX or G8 or Sphinx... or what???
Anybody has faced or is still facing the same dilemna?
Your advices much much appreciated!!!

October 21, 2004 07:22 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Where is the best weather forecast???

I'm struggling to find the best possible wheather forecast available online... By "best" I mean reliable and detailed!Any suggestions?

October 21, 2004 10:28 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

The best weather forecast???

I'm struggling to find the best possible wheather forecast available online... By "best" I mean reliable and detailed!Any suggestions?

October 29, 2004 05:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

PST vs Thousand Oaks Optical dilemna

I am facing a dilemna! I would like to start observing sun prominences and I have two options:
- Purchase the H-Alpha prominence filter from Thousand Oaks Optical to fit my 8" SCT ($839)
- Purchase a PST ($500)
The price range is "comparable" so it really is all about the end result and viewing satisfaction.
Any thought?
Thank you.
Francois

November 2, 2004 07:59 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

C14 and binoviewer?

Which binoviewer (and accessories?) would best be used with a C14?

November 7, 2004 08:00 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

I am ready to enter the CCD world but which camera

That's it! After 6 months spent learning how to best enjoy my Losmandy Titan mount + C14, I am ready to enter the CCD world! My budget is in the range of $3,000.
My initial pick would be a ST-9XE because of its sensitivity and large pixels, a good fit to the long focal lenght of the C14. But the ST-2000XM looks pretty with the ability to do 2x2 binning...
Well, at this point I need your advice!
Thanks.

November 8, 2004 01:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

I am ready to enter the CCD world but...

That's it! After 6 months spent learning how to best enjoy my Losmandy Titan mount + C14, I am ready to enter the CCD world! My budget is in the range of $3,000 for the camera.
My initial pick would be a ST-9XE because of its sensitivity and large pixels, which I believe is a good fit to the long focal lenght of the C14. But the ST-2000XM looks pretty with the ability to do 2x2 binning...
Well, at this point I need your advice!
Thanks.

November 20, 2004 08:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

idealastronomy.com

I have placed an order at idealastronomy.com (an Astromart sponsor) 10 days ago but I can't contact them. My debit card has been charged by PayPal though. They are not replying to my emails and there is no telephone number to be found on their website... Has anyone done happy (or unhappy) business at www.idealastronomy.com before? Is there a contact number for that company?
Thank you for your help, I am a bit distressed right now!