My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Peter Hallock

January 15, 2015 09:02 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

UPS Billable Weight

Posted By Peter Hallock

Shipped a 7 pound 1 ounce package to 74055, Oklahoma from 93455, California. The box was 12"x12"x24".
It cost $33.05. Yes, believe it or not. But you will beleive it since it started December 29, 2014.you just find the volume of 12x12x24 inches which is 3456 cubic inches and divide by a constant of 166 which is 20.819 cu/in. round up to 2i pounds.
http://tinyurl.com/dyukzzt

Pete

November 19, 2009 06:29 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars, Nov 17

Posted By Peter Hallock

Outstanding ! Just Outstandiing image for such a tiny subject. I do not know what that scope is....duh...help me.
Thank you, Anthony.
Pete
California

December 8, 2009 07:00 PM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Purely fun gun

Posted By Peter Hallock

Well, I took a 10X Loupe, and looked at the Crosman and the Daisy BBs. Big difference. The Daisy BB have a regular textured surface, but the Crosman BB is irregular and uneven which may be the cause of better accuracy with the Daisy BBs. Yes, I shoot only Daisy BBs in my new Daisy Red Rider, which cost way below anywhere else at Wal-Mart. I paid $31.22 including 8.75% California sales tax.
CS,
Pete

December 18, 2009 02:46 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Excellent Binoculars

Posted By Peter Hallock

As we have learned at CloudyNights and the Binocular Astronomy Forum, it is all about your eyes and their MAXIMUM dialation at night. I have 5mm maximum eyes, So, with 10 Power ,that is 5mm X 10X = 10 x 50 Binoculars. We all know that binocular exit pupils are aperture divided by power. Therefore, the common and desirable all-around 7x35 Binoculars have an exit pupil of 5mm. Now it is really not that simple, as the CloudyNight Binocular moderator Edz explains...it is about Prism Cage Size, Baffling, and does all the beam of light pass through, etc. etc.The common statement that 7 X 50 binoculars as the best in 7 power for astronomy is a myth..they are the best if you want 7 Power , 50mm aperture, and you have young eyes...i.e. 7.1 maximum pupil dialation. When I use 7x50 binoculars, with my 5mm eyes, they are the same as 7x35 Binoculars. Seven power times 5mm eyes is 7x35 binoculars. Yes ! Believe it < G > This is why one of my choice binoculars are the Swift 8.5 X 44. Be aware, however, the 7x50 binoculars are called "Marine Binoculars" because when you are bouncing around on a boat, the huge 7mm exit pupil is very welcome on 5mm eyes. In Daylight, your eyes would reduce to about 3mm in "aperture". So, go to CloudyNights, mess around, and get filled in. There are alot of misconceptions out there. BTW, the 16x70 Fuji are the best for old guys..if 70mm is what you want..
CS,
Pete

December 25, 2009 08:08 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars Dec. 23 a.m.

Posted By Peter Hallock

WOW !
Thank you, Jason !
CS,
Pete

January 4, 2010 07:42 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Flawed Process

Posted By Peter Hallock

Here is a video from the founder of the Weather Channel that is very interesting:

http://tinyurl.com/y9x8dns

Clear Skies,

Pete

March 19, 2011 05:18 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Earthquakes

Posted By Peter Hallock

Alan, thank you very much, I book marked it.
CS,
Pete

May 28, 2012 03:07 PM Forum: Politics

Krugman Demonstrates The Liberal Mind

Posted By Peter Hallock

I have finally come to the conclusion that liberal's brains lacked something when they were born. I can show one the facts about, say the national debt issue , and their eyes seem to glaze over and state it is not true and that there is a actually a budget suplus.
I fear the only way they will learn is when the economy collapses ( and it is going to because at this late date, it is too late to repair..)
Stay tuned...
Pete in California...watching the state slide into the Pacific Ocean... :S

June 6, 2013 07:25 PM Forum: Politics

Mighty quiet......

Posted By Peter Hallock

Reports are that it took two years for WaterGate to complete its course. Time will disclose everything now going on. It is a disgrace, indeed.
Pete
California

June 13, 2014 05:02 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Running on wind

Posted By Peter Hallock

Interesting. Hope it is a company car because on a per mile basis, your cost per mile including depreciation, insurance, repair, servicing is into the $1.00/mile or more area.
That is on a 5,000 miles per year use.
Consumer Reports likes your vehicle. For me, I prefer the option of going as far as i want without the concern of limited miles. So, any vehicle of this type would never be considered.
No matter. You are happy !
As to wind power, has anybody penciled out the payback time on one of those towering wind generators or are we tax payers footing the bill for those also?
Clear skies,
Pete