My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Frank Green

November 11, 2006 12:52 PM Forum: Eyepieces

5mm Radian v. 5mm Pentax XW

Posted By Frank Green

I'm looking for a 5mm with good eye relief for use on a 12.5" f5 dob with ServoCAT. Aside from the wider FOV of the XW, what are the differences if any between the two? Many Thanks, Frank

April 4, 2007 05:03 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

I paid -- no eyepiece, no communication

Posted By Frank Green

Apologies if I shouldn't post this here. I've never run into this problem before, I don't know what to do or what my options are. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. The middle of last month I bought an eyepiece from an Amarter with more than 100 excellent references. I sent him a USPS MO for almost $400. He acknowlegded receiving it on Marh 23. He said he would "try" and send the ep by the 26th or 27th. He said he was moving. I e-mailed him on the 28th to see if he had sent it. He responded on the 28th saying he had a bad back and that he would have it shipped by that Friday, March 30. I have not heard from him since March 28. He is not responding to emails. What can I do? I've offered to let him just send me back the money of there is some kind of problem with the eyepiece. I hesitate to give him a bad rating. I've never done that. But if I never hear from him again, what do I do? I've saved the e-mail chain and have the receipt for the money order which was made payable to him.
Many Thanks,
Frank Green

March 9, 2008 03:02 AM Forum: Reflectors

Re: five year old mirrior, should I buy?

Posted By Frank Green

Get the mirror number from the seller and e-mail James at the Torus OMI web site. He can get you the numbers for that mirror. They post the testing results for all their mirrors but may not have them posted for ones that far back. James also does a great recoating job. He just did my primary a couple of months ago - a wonderful job and fast turn around.

December 8, 2005 07:46 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Which to choose?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted By Frank Green

May have been the night or my scope, but last week I compared a 35mm Panoptic with a 26mm Nagler in my 12.5 Obsession and much prefered the Panoptic. There's some pin cushion and wasted photons, but the view in the Panoptic was wider, brighter, and sharper and even seemed to more contrast than the Nagler. It might have been fairer to compare the 27mm Panoptic with the 26mm Nagler.

April 5, 2007 09:12 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

I paid -- no eyepiece, no communication

Posted By Frank Green

Whew! I heard from the fellow yesterday. Said he was without internet much longer than anticipated because of move. According to Fedex tracking, the ep is almost at my door. Thanks for everyone's sage advice and sorry for the premature alarm!
Best, Frank