My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Brian Edgerly

July 13, 2004 07:59 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Canon 10D - Vignetting problem

Posted By Brian Edgerly

Anyone know how to trouble shoot the above problem?

attached is a pict of Trffid Neb. 38-30sec stacked exposures at 800iso. the image was stretched, resized, aligned,etc.

Any hints would be helpful
THanks

August 8, 2004 02:41 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Is the Canon 10D CMOS active w/download?

Posted By Brian Edgerly

RAW image transfer into the computer using a Canon 10D takes about 30 seconds. This is the same amount of time I usually allow the chip to cool between images.
Does the chip remain active? Which would mean an additional 30 second buffer; or, am I good to go once the image download is complete?

Thanks.
-Brian

August 9, 2004 12:50 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Is the Canon 10D CMOS active during image transfer

Posted By Brian Edgerly

Sorry for double posting,
This thread was initially started in the 'Equipment' forum without a reply. I am hoping for better luck here.
The original post:

RAW image transfer into the computer using a Canon 10D takes about 30 seconds. This is the same amount of time I usually allow the chip to cool between images.
Does the chip remain active? Which would mean an additional 30 second buffer; or, am I good to go once the image download is complete?

Thanks.
-Brian

August 15, 2004 08:36 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Perseus on the horizon

Posted By Brian Edgerly

Photographed on 8/9/04 with a Canon 10D and a Barn Door Tracker. It's a single 30sec,f/5.6,28mm,iso400 exposure.
Enjoy!

June 11, 2005 08:15 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M51-Bad Vignetting(need help)

Posted By Brian Edgerly

I am not sure where to post this since it is not a CCD or film image.
While imaging with a Meade LX200 and the Canon 10D I experience REALLY bad vignetting. In this example of M51, without dark-frame subtraction, only 8 (of 45) - 1 minute frames have been stacked. I have already subtracted a radial gradient in PhotoShop and am left with what I call the "doughnut nebula" smile. The images where taken at 800iso. The effect shows up almost immediately once one- or two frames are stacked.

If anyone has experience imaging with the LX200 and 10D and has any suggestions as how to reduce/eliminate this effect within the setup; it would be appreciated. I am supposing I would either need to move the camera closer or futher.

Thanks in advance.
Brian Edgerly

July 17, 2004 08:49 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

D10 First Light

Posted By Brian Edgerly

Nico,
Geat shot and nicely framed with the architecture. I am assuming your 'D10' is the Canon 10D. I got mine about a year ago and have taken about 2500 picts so far(but who is counting).

Attached is my very first-ever attempt at astrophotography...It's M57(Ring Neb.)9-1min exposures @ 1600iso with a Meade 8in SCT.

August 11, 2004 08:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

September 24, 2004 09:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Einstein Cross

Posted By Brian Edgerly

Holy Crap! 8O