Posts Made By: Rick Langerman

April 10, 2005 10:11 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter in a 3" reflector on a windy night.

Posted By Rick Langerman

I tried to blow it up but i couldnt inhance the picture. This is as good as i can get it.

April 23, 2005 03:32 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

April 30, 2005 04:18 AM Forum: After Dark

What's that?

Posted By Rick Langerman

Kent i live in wichita kansas and we saw the same thing. two brigt objects with a faint line between them moving across the sky.

May 2, 2005 02:18 AM Forum: Celestron

Nexstar 8i 12v power stopped working

Posted By Rick Langerman

The power tank may have a fuse or saftey of some kind. There may even be a reset button some where. You might give celestron a call and find out.

May 6, 2005 02:45 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

May 18, 2005 02:42 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

buying a scope

Posted By Rick Langerman

Hi dan my first scope was a celestron 76gt which is a 3" reflector with a goto system. I am very happy with that scope it tought me the sky and where to find things. I have since steped up to an 8" celestron no goto. I have also bought two meade scopes for my kids. I have found the quality of the celestron to be much better. I agree you should try an astronmy club and look and learn about all the different brands of scopes. And who knows you might find a good buy on a great used scope never count that out. Good luck and keep asking about what you found and well all try to help guide you.

May 21, 2005 03:58 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

May 22, 2005 03:03 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

with your significant other

Posted By Rick Langerman

My wife will very seldom go. But i have an 8 and 10 year old that go with me.

May 29, 2005 08:42 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Ganymede

Posted By Rick Langerman

Man thats great.

June 17, 2005 02:46 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Storage ideas

Posted By Rick Langerman

For the ota you could hang it from the ceiling. As for the mount i dont think the kids could hurt it.