My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rick Langerman

July 5, 2005 04:18 AM Forum: After Dark

Any Impact Visuals?

Posted By Rick Langerman

No visual in kansas. In fact i had to get my family to the storm shelter earlier in the evening because to rotation in the wall cloud above my house. Then it never cleared up. Oh well i watched it on nasa tv.

July 19, 2005 02:42 AM Forum: After Dark

NOSS

Posted By Rick Langerman

Yea we seen them here in kansas a couple of months ago.

August 10, 2005 04:48 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My kids 8 & 10 years old

Posted By Rick Langerman

Me hope i didnt break anybodys computer.

August 10, 2005 04:50 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

MOON 8-9-05

Posted By Rick Langerman

And another

August 11, 2005 02:12 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Moon 8-9-05

Posted By Rick Langerman

A little closer.

August 15, 2005 02:11 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

August 18, 2005 01:35 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Olympus E1 for astrophotography

Posted By Rick Langerman

sounds like a good basic set up id hook it on and give it a try.

August 18, 2005 02:09 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

The Leisurely Observer

Posted By Rick Langerman

I do just about the same thing. I feedmine to a tv/vcr combo and video tape it.

August 27, 2005 02:53 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

102 DEGREES: I'M CALLING IN SICK

Posted By Rick Langerman

Thanks that picture put a smile on my face.

August 28, 2005 07:21 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

My first star party was a disaster

Posted By Rick Langerman

My first experience with our club was similar. My wife and oldest daughter went with me. One guy got up took our names but we didn't even get offered chairs. finally i found some chairs. One guy let me look through his new book but he acted like he didn't want me to look. We also went to see what the observatory was all about. When the people showed up to open a little early we went to talk to them and they let us look around for free before they opened. So the night wasn't a total loss. When everybody started to set up there scopes another older couple showed up and by the way they were treated the same way by the club and went and sat in there car. He had bought a Bushnell goto scope. and was trying to set it up.The older gentleman was so excited like i was to be there and use his scope. I'm the one who tried to help nobody offered. Well my wife got discouraged and wanted to leave, so i excused my self before we got done setting up his scope. He begged me to come back but i couldn't. So just before i left i made the comment out loud. I THINK ONE OF THE CLUB MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH EXPERENCE AND BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. I of the guys took the hint i think and said he would try. Why do we have to have clubs. I want to take the little bit i know and have learned to the schools and try to light the fires of the kids.I want to do some night classes so the kids could look through the scopes. And yes i need better equipment but i will have to make due with what ive got.