My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jan Adelaar

November 8, 2004 07:12 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

saturn 5 november

Posted By Jan Adelaar

what a great moon and Saturn captures flying by the last weeks congrats to all, I almost doesn't dare to show my Saturn on this forum. But even with very modest seeing and transparancy conditions overhere I try my best, hope you won't be dissapoint.
Best regards Jan Adelaar

ToUcam 10fps 2400f, 1700 selected with drizzling (80% pixelsize and factor 2)photoshop, iris and registax for processing

November 24, 2004 04:57 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

saturn 21 11 04

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Imaged Saturn past weekend, seeing was moderate, tried in raw mode. 180 mm Mak cass. on F25 700 frames used
best wishes

December 21, 2004 01:00 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

saturn 20 december

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Hi,
Finnaly some decent seeing, I tried to capture at F40 and a new antidispersion corr. but found it difficult to use in terms of orientation of the corr. maybe some more testing will help.

Machholz was already impressive with two tails
best regards Jan

December 22, 2004 01:19 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: Saturn, Dec 21, 2004

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Wow, top performance Eric, keep them coming. Did you use the new registax already?
best regards Jan

January 6, 2005 01:35 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: Saturn on Jan 2, 2005- Thanks!

Posted By Jan Adelaar

simply amazing,great clarity
best wishes Jan

January 8, 2005 02:19 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: one last Saturn hoorah from Jan 3rd- single ra

Posted By Jan Adelaar

impressive result Eric, and how clear one frame is already, never seen this during my captures
best wishes Jan

February 13, 2005 03:51 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

collimating a maksutov cass.

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Hi what is the normal way to collimate a mak cass.? I tried it on a startest but seeing conditions are never allowing me to determine if I have arrived, I think it is way off now (both primary and secondary). It's a rumak design (STF Mirage) is it possible to do it in a livingroom? suggestions much appreciated
best wishes Jan Adelaar

February 26, 2005 07:25 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

another saturn on 24 februar

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Hi,finally got some views of saturn again after a cloudy period, but to say it was transparant no way, only 3 stars were visible and the moon flooded over the sky, it was just a thick soup, but the seeing was fair (about the same as Dodi)
captured with te 180 mm Mak. cass, at f40 (think to high magnification), 1240 frames from 1900 at 5fps and gain full open regretly, but got the green pole band
best regards Jan

February 28, 2005 10:51 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

a very cold saturn on 28 februar

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Hi, last night was a great night in the case of transparancy, but seeing was fair not that good as a couple of days ago. temps were -12 degrees I stood this time at the front of my house but regretly no sighting on polaris, the mount didn't track that good but could collect 1400 frames the rest was totaly blured due to movements. Following morning blood red eyes and a soar throat and o well another saturn
best wishes to all Jan

Mak 180 mm at F40 5 fps used 950 frames

April 2, 2005 05:44 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

jupiter 050401

Posted By Jan Adelaar

Hi all,
what bad seeing might bring, well nothing to mention about, it was a chaotic atmosphere, focussing was hard and a lot of deformation was going on but I am already happy with a clear sky seeing was 2-3/10
best regards Jan

180 mm Mak cass. F27, ToUcam 15fps gain 80%brightness 50% colorgamma 0 selected 1100 frames