New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jesus Munoz

March 13, 2007 03:30 PM Forum: Mounts

Gotostar question

Posted By Jesus Munoz

Hi,

I recently bought a Gotostar kit for my Vixen GP mount. All is OK, but the motors emit an annoying buzz when they are not performing a goto movement.

I just want to know if this is normal in this kind of motors or I have a defective kit.

Thanks

Jesus

August 28, 2007 11:57 AM Forum: Mounts

EM-200 + C-11

Posted By Jesus Munoz

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a good mount for astrophotography.
Does anybody know if a Tak EM-200 can carry a Celestron 11 for taking astrophotos?

Thanks

Jose Munoz

November 8, 2010 07:55 AM Forum: Meade

DSI 1 broken filter

Posted By Jesus Munoz

Hello,

Yesterday I had an accident... I broke the little filter that comes with my Meade DSI 1 (first version, color) cwy .

If I place an 1 1/4 IR/UV works the same way than the broken filter ?

If I don't put any filter what happens?

I have had no time to check the consecuences of my mistake sad

Thank you

J Munoz

November 15, 2010 11:21 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Lunt Pressure Tuner

Posted By Jesus Munoz

Hello everybody!

I'm planning to buy a Lunt solar telescope 60 double stacked. Question: what's the difference between the telescope with pressure tuner and the standard non-pressure tunable?

Thanks

J Munoz

May 22, 2007 04:59 PM Forum: Mounts

Eclipse GOTOSTAR

Posted By Jesus Munoz

Hi Michael,

I got a Gotostar system last January and I have a couple of things to say. First, the gears don't fit Vixen size, the gear hole is smaller, so you need to make a bigger hole to fit the gears.
Second, the motors are very noisy, and I mean VERY noisy. The motors sound even if the declination axis motor is not working. If you can live with the buzz, then it is a wonderful computer system. It has a lot of objects in its memory, the motors are fast and precise (I think that it is more precise than an LXD75, but just marginally).
A used Skysensor will work better and more precise than the chinese computer if you can spend a couple of hundred dollars more.

Good Luck

Jesus MG

November 28, 2010 04:25 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Selling to Russia

Posted By Jesus Munoz

Hello Michael,

I am from Mexico and have bought some items. It is very hard for americans to trust in international potential buyers. My point is the same as the person from Astromart: if you get your money and the appropiate shipping fee, why do you worry?

My only advice is that you use a secure shipping method, with tracking number, no matter how mucho does it cost.

Regards

Jesus