Posts Made By: Joe Ramacciotti

September 11, 2008 09:22 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Please identify this DSO

Posted By Joe Ramacciotti

Herbert,

I agree, The Flame Nebula , part of the Horse Head Nebula, and a part of the Running Man Nebula...

R,

Joe

September 20, 2008 07:20 PM Forum: Reflectors

Primary Mirror Cell

Hello Everyone.

Just an update to the Coulter 13.1" scope I've been working on. I've installed a JMI RCF focuser and it works very nicely. Also, I have received everything needed for my upgrade plans (Sky Commander, encoders/installation kit, 2.5" secondary mirror and 4 vane spider, and the primary mirror cell).

I went bonkers and picked up two primary cells; a new U.O. cell and a used Novak 9 pt floating cell. I've decided to go with the Novak as it appears that it will support the mirror better, although the UO cell is very nice and if I didn't come across the Novak I'd be happy with it.

I've attached the secondary mirror to the holder with some G.E. silicone and it will be ready for installation Sunday. In the mean time I'm heading out to the garage to start on the primary cell. I'm hoping to complete the primary cell installation today as I want to use the scope tonight before I install the secondary tomorrow.

Next w/e I’ll be focusing on installing the Sky Commander. I’ll send an update accordingly.

Thanks again for all the help!

Joe

August 25, 2010 04:43 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Canon 300D and the Televue TRF2008

All,

The combo of the TRF2008 and the Canon 300D works well. I took some general images and the stars at the very edges were nice and round. It's certainly a significant difference! I took the images last w/e with the almost full moon, so I really don't have anything to post right now. I'll do so in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for all you help!

Joe

August 25, 2010 05:52 PM Forum: APM

APM 0.75 ED Reducer for LZOS Apos arrived

Markus,

Do you have a reducer/flattener for the 80mm/480mm yet?

Thanks.

Joe

September 30, 2010 01:55 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

M31 Tak baby-Q

Hello Ivan.

Amazing image! I'm in the proces of procesing an image of M31 and I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the processing steps down to get good results. Can you tell me what you did to get such a good image? I'll post mine so you can see what I'm talking about.

Keep up the great work.

Joe

July 16, 2011 02:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 7000

Maciej,

Outstanding!

R,

Joe

July 18, 2011 08:48 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 7000

Anyone?

April 28, 2012 12:35 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Cresent Moon

Joe,

Looks great. Do you know which start that is at 3 o'clock?

R,

Joe

July 31, 2014 02:29 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

AP-130 ot TEC-140

All,

It's been some time since I posted this question. Well after being on the list for just over 8 years I got the call and quickly made payment for my AP-130GT! First light was amazing! Saturn was the best I've seen in some time. It was certainly worth the wait.

Thanks again for your input.

Best.

Joe

March 18, 2017 02:31 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Eta Carinae

August,

Excellent images. I really like the galaxy images, lots of detail.

Thanks for posting them.

Joe