Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Ramacciotti

October 8, 2011 12:59 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

H-alpha Filter

Posted By Joe Ramacciotti

Hello Everyone.

Hope all is well on your end.

I have a question. I bought a second-hand Ha filter a while back and the person who I bought it from didn't know anything about it, and couldn't comment on it's specs. Give this I'd like to ask if there is any way to test the filter to determie what it is?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

June 6, 2012 05:32 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Venus Transit From Austin Tx

All,

The transit was impressive to say the least. I, along with family members and friends, were greatful to have good weather to see the event. Here is a stack of 20 x 1/1000 sec ISO 200 images of the transit. Taken with an NP-101, G11, Canon 300D. Also, I took over 400, so I'll post more later.

Enjoy.

Joe

May 3, 2013 02:38 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Baader Optical Wonder / Cleaning Solutions

All,

I've been searching for Baader Optical Wonder, and can't seem to find any in the US. Not sure, but it appears it's not allowed in the US.... anyone know why/if this is true? Also, seeing it's time to clean one of my refractors I'd like to find a good cleaner, and would like some suggestions.

The lens in question has a few small silver spots and some general pollen build up.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

September 16, 2015 01:06 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Which Version of Photoshop?

Hello All.

Looking at all the versions of Photoshop out there, I'm looking for input on which version to buy. I'm currently using Photoshop CS, so I'm looking to upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe

September 17, 2002 01:49 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

8" LX200 GPS UHTC, POINTING PROBLEMS

David,

I too had this issue. I found the training the drives resolved it. Do a high power training session with a cross hain E.P. and this should resolve the issue.

Also, as noted in another post, upgrade the software per Meade's website.

Joe.

November 10, 2002 01:45 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M42 First Light!

I had a chance to do some more imaging last night and here is the results. It's getting better!

Let me know what you think.

Joe

December 8, 2002 03:01 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

13.8 & 18mm Meade SWA's???

Jeff,

I have the 32mm SWA, the 14mm UWA and the 8.8 UWA E.P.s and for the most part I think they are comparable to the panoptic E.P.s. I had a chance to compare a 35mm Panoptic (or was it a 32mm… I forget…) and for the most part the Meade kept up with no problems. I know many astronomers here is Austin believe the same too! The only disconnect between my reply and your question is I was using an f10 LX200. I regularly use a focal reducer to speed up the scope to an F6.3 and I have noticed no visual aberrations whatsoever. You may want to get some opinions form the dob users though.

I think you will be pleased with them.

Joe.

December 16, 2002 01:07 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Focusing on Planets.. Help Needed

Hi Kevin.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my cameras fastest speed is only 1/10th sceond. I noticed the images are over exposed, but if I played with the histogram a little the image got better. I guess I need to find some software that will allow me to take faster images or a filter to block some of the light.

Let me know if you can recommend something.

Thanks Again.

Joe.

December 21, 2002 02:26 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Philips Vesta Pro

Thanks for the information. It seems fairly easy, so I think I'll give it a try.

Happy Holidays!

Joe.

December 27, 2002 02:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn

Jake,

Very nice image! Thanks!