Posts Made By: louie atalasidis

April 8, 2006 04:47 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC5128

Posted By louie atalasidis

Hi all

This is my first time posting here,I started imaging about a year and half ago and still have lots to learn. This is a shot of NGC5128 I took the other night,exposure was 60seconds x 29.
I used a C11 at f/3.3 and a SXV-H9C unguided on a G11. I've had some help with processing recently from Warren Keller so thanks Warren much appreciated .

Cheers

Louie

April 11, 2006 05:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC4945

Hi all

This is a shot of a Centurian Galaxy NGC4945 which I took a couple of nights ago.
Exposure time was 60sec x 60 and was shot through my C11 @ f/3.3 using my SXV-H9C.
Conditions were not the best again but thats life.

All comments are welcome.

Cheers

Louie

April 11, 2006 10:37 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M83

Hi again

This is my M83 I shot the other night, at 60sec x 60 exposures using my SXV-H9C through my C11 @ f/3.3. I had a lot of help from Warren Keller on the use of PS for processing to put me on the right track . Conditions were very average and at mag 4 skies you get all soughts of problems. Anyway for those that havent check out Warren Kellers
tutorials on his site yet (and there's more in-depth one coming soon) do so there a lot of fun.

Cheers

Louie

April 13, 2006 05:08 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

The Bug

Hi again all

This is a shot of the Bug Nebula in Scopius (NGC6302) again shot through my C11 @ f/3.3 using the SXV-H9C on a G11 mount. The exposure times were 45sec x 18 and capture and stacking done in AA3 and processing in PS7. This thing is recorded as being 13mag planetary nebula at a size of 1.5'by o.5'.
An interesting visual and photographic object ,I'm sure most of you know this fellow.

Cheers

Louie

April 16, 2006 09:41 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC5139 the King of Globs

Hi all

I shot this last night,moon was out but what the heck !
A total of 26x30sec exposures using the SXV-H9C through a
[email protected]. Capture,stacking and color converting done in AA3 and processed in PS7.
All coments welcome !

Cheers

Louie

April 17, 2006 02:22 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC5189/The spiral nebula

Hi again all

Another one I took last night in the moonlightNGC5189, It's a bit rough this one. I didn't check the focus so Its a bit soft and some star bloating but hey It was fun I spent most of the night trying to get my auto-guiding worked out...and just when
I get a very good 2 minutes ...the next exposure would be crap! well after about 5 hours of working on It I thought I'd give the work a rest and have some fun.
Exposure times were 30sec x 100 and shot through a C11 @ f/6.3 using a SXV-H9C.

Cheers

Louie

April 19, 2006 03:55 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Re: You got de bird?

Great shot Warren ! I bet you've been hanging out to get some new data too!

Cheers

Louie

May 3, 2006 01:20 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M16

Hi Guy's,shot these last night through a C11 @ f/6.3 and a SXV-H9C and a IR filter used.
I'm still having trouble trying to guide well shooting through the C11 but hay that's life.
All coments and advice welcome.

Cheers

Louie

May 3, 2006 01:29 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M17

Oops ! and his M17 ,M16 seems very dark on my desktop but is fine on my laptop. I think I should process on my desktop . I've been dying to get out to dark skies but the weather always other ideas...oh well I gess mag 4 skies are better than mag 3 .

Cheers

Louie

June 28, 2006 02:13 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M20

Hi All

It's been a while since I posted here so here It goes: This shot was taken with a
WO 105 ED triplet through a SXV-H9C and the exposures were 120sec x 30 ,captured and aligned and stacked in AA3 and processed in PS7.

Cheers

Louie