My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: louie atalasidis

June 29, 2006 09:01 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M16

Posted By louie atalasidis

Well I shot this a few nights back using a WO 105ED triplet and a SXV-H9C. Exposures were 90sec x 39.Captured and aligned and stacked in AA3 and processed in PS7.
So far I found It a lot easier to image through the 4"apo and focuse seems easier as well.

July 1, 2006 11:33 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M22

Hi guy's

This is a shot I took the other night of M22 in sagittarius; exosures were only 60sec x 12 and I did shoot 30 but only 12 were usable. The seeing wasn't too hot but hey that's life I guess ! anyway we still get to practice our processing .

Cheers

Louie

July 1, 2006 11:48 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M4

The scorpius glob M4,also a very nice visual glob in a big scope. This one was 120sec x 15 subs and shot through the 4"apo and a SXV-H9C which I forgot to mention in my M22 post .

Cheers

Louie

July 2, 2006 02:36 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M83

Hi Guy's

I took this a few months ago and decided to reprocess and see If I could get a bit more out of It.
Exposure time was 60sec x 35, shot through a C11 and a SXV-H9C on a G11 mount in mag4 skies .
Anyway here It is and of cause all advise and comments are most welcome !

Cheers

Louie

August 2, 2006 08:04 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Tarantula

Hi guys

This is a shot I took last weekend from a dark site,I used the ZS 105ED and a SXV-H9C on a G11 mount.
I used Astroart 3 for capture combined and aligned and PS for Post processing.
The exposures again were only short at 60sec x 18 and of cause all coments and advise is welcomed.

August 17, 2006 11:24 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M16

Hi Guy's,shot this last night...4min x 15 subs with an SXV-H9C and an 4"apo.
Aligned and combined in AA3 and processed oin PS.
All comments welcomed.

August 20, 2006 12:43 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Helix

Hi all

Had a go at the Helix neb last night. Although It did get windy I decide that after spending two hours setting up I wasn't going home emty handed.
This was shot through a SXV-H9C and a WO 105 ED guided on a G11 mount and the exposures were 10min x 12.
All coments and advice welcomed!

August 20, 2006 12:46 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M27

And another from last night shot with the same gear as my Helix shot only the exposures on this one were 10min x 6.

August 27, 2006 06:08 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 253

Hello All !

Well decided to take a trip up the mountains last night and try and get some data on my chip.
It was cloudy for most of the night so I didn't manage much exposure but hey you live with what you get I guess.
Anyway his 10 minute x 4 of NGC253 shot with the SXV-H9C through a WO 105 apo @ f/6.3.
All comments and advice welcomed 8)

August 27, 2006 10:42 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

The Swan

Another short lived effort from last night on M17.
I shot 12 x 5 minute subs on this and then a 1 x 10min to see If the longer sub was better.
Now what I found at least to what I can see is that the 1 x 10min sub look better than the 12 x 5min even though the longer sub is noisier.