My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ed Harriman

April 9, 2002 05:41 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Type 6 Naglers. How good are they?

Posted By Ed Harriman

Has anyone tried and want to comment on the 9mm and 13mm Type 6 Naglers?

April 13, 2002 04:32 PM Forum: Telescope Making

1.25 inch short rack and pinion focusser

Posted By Ed Harriman

I'm looking for a short 1.25 inch rack and pinion or crayford focusser, preferably good quality. A helical focusser won't do. Do you have any thoughts or know where I can get one please?

Many thanks

January 3, 2004 07:58 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

16mm Nagler Tpye 5

Posted By Ed Harriman

I have just received a 16mm Nagler Type 5. Which I thought would be wonderful. However, looking at the moon it gives off a very large and pronounced brown/yellow flare at the edge of the eyepiece, and a sharp blue flare above that. This does not happen with a 15mm Panoptic in the same scope (a 8 1/2 inch f7 newtonian with fine mirrors and perfect collimation). I notice that Todd Gross mentions that Televue admits to the blue flare (saying its a negative that they accept to avoid using another piece of glass). However, this is enormous chromatic aberation. Have others noticed the same problem, and what do you do about it please?

January 19, 2004 03:44 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Globular Clusters

Posted By Ed Harriman

Where can I find a detailed 3-D map of the Milky Way's Globular Clusters on the internet, please.

April 3, 2004 10:49 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Swarovski 115x spotting scope eyepiece

Posted By Ed Harriman

Does anyone know where I can obtain a Swarovski 115x spotting scope eyepiece, new or secondhand. These have a 1.25 inch barrel and are no longer supplied by Swarovski.