Posts Made By: Sam Pitts

April 3, 2002 10:29 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Comet Ikeya-Zhang

Posted By Sam Pitts

Photo taken 3/31/2002.

July 14, 2002 04:03 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

ST7e Focus with CFW Color Wheel

Posted By Sam Pitts

Can anyone varify that the ST7 with the attached color wheel, come to focus using a TAK FS78 & Tak F/6 reducer? Will the same setup (ST7 & Color wheel) come to focus at F/6.3 & F/3.3 on C-11?

Thanks

Sam

July 17, 2002 08:27 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

CFW-8 SBIG vs True Tech. CWN-3175D

Posted By Sam Pitts

What are your opinions on which is the best to use on an ST7E.

Thanks

Sam

September 29, 2002 08:51 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Lumicon Closed :-(

Posted By Sam Pitts

Lumicon has closed it's doors after 23 years of helping Astrophotograpy, Hypering Kits, Guiders, filters.

A great loss :-{

Sam Pitts

September 29, 2002 09:19 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

FS 78 & ST7e First one of the Moon

Posted By Sam Pitts

First images of the Moon with a Tak FS78 & reducer F/6.5 with new ST7e.

September 29, 2002 09:31 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M20 First LRGB with 7e

Posted By Sam Pitts

This is my first real attempt to do an LRGB with an ST7e NABG. I think I need to expose the blue longer. Does this look like a good focues. Used FS78. Just outside of Eugene, Or

Sam

December 2, 2002 03:42 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Meade CCD G11 Mount

Posted By Sam Pitts

Will a Meade Autoguider work with a standard G11 mount?

Thanks Sam

August 3, 2004 06:31 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Milkey Way

Posted By Sam Pitts

Milky Way setting in Oregon Canon 2 50mm images ED200 film

Sam Pitts

August 10, 2005 05:16 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

20Da vs Hutech

Posted By Sam Pitts

I have a 20D and it works great on some subjects but would like more red. Which is considered the best way to go? The new 20Da ($2199) or the 20D modified by Hutech ($1995). Both seem to have the option to use VLC filter on lens to do daylight. I plan on keeping my existing 20D for regular daytime use. I am leaning towards the 20Da do to the half mirror and LCD focus. Has anyone compared the two? Here is a short exposure of M27 with my 20D & C11.

Thanks

Sam

September 7, 2005 06:08 PM Forum: Refractors

Orion ED 80 Focuser Slipping

Posted By Sam Pitts

I have a new Orion ED 80, the optics are great for the price, good star test and little false color for the price. I have a problem and wonder if there are any fixes. I placed a Televue .8 reducer & 20D for imaging. Images taken up to 40 degrees stay sharp and in focus for 3-4 minuet exposures. However when imaging above this the focuser slowly slips and images go out of focus. I have tightened the tension knob on the scope to maximum finger tightness and it still slips. The slipping is visible through the camera viewfinder @ 2.5x during a 1-2 minutes of viewing. My though is any modification to the tension adjustment or tapping a hole thought the focuser's base and applying a brass or nylon screws to lock against the focusing tube to lock it in place. I would appreciate any recommendations as I like to image above 45 degrees, preferably above 60.

Thanks

Sam