My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Sam Pitts

February 19, 2010 10:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M81 + Integrated flux nebula

Posted By Sam Pitts

Really Nice Shot David! I like all of the background objects !

I have not used an Ap .67 reducer with my TEC140 yet, now I will, the corners look real good.

Thanks for sharing such a nice image, it pays to collect as much data a possible.

Sam

March 3, 2010 08:29 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Web site comments wanted

Posted By Sam Pitts

Nice site, easy to navigate, great images. I like the home page and the series of images building your observatory. Everything loads quickly and images are of a nice size.

Nice location over 7000 feet and 6.5+ skies.

Thanks for Sharing

Sam

May 2, 2010 09:33 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M17

Posted By Sam Pitts

Nice image, at NEAIC there was a talk about getting natural "True Color" images from narrow band images by Debra Ceravolo (Ceravolo Optical Systems). They should have postings on all the talks on their site soon. This may be of interest to everyone doing narrow band work. Adobe was there and took interest in a color platte that could be used as a plug-in for narrow band to act as RGB to give good natural or true "aesthetic" color results. Adobe rep. was was very interested in what Photoshop could do for all imagers as he had started to image himself. Hope for more good things in the future.

Really like the wide feild shot and the detail the NB filters can detect.

Thanks for sharing

Sam

May 3, 2010 08:49 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M101

Posted By Sam Pitts

Nice picture,good luck with your new camera. The ST8300M seems to be a good camera with lots of promise.
Looking forward to more images from you with this camera as the weather begins to favor astronomy more.

Sam

May 10, 2010 08:28 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M101 Luminance - Nocturne Observatory

Posted By Sam Pitts

Really Nice, it is amazing what a 5.1 APO with a CCD can see!

Compare some of the faint galaxies seen through the arms to a Hubble image and you have captured many small, faint and very distant background galaxies. Your long (10 min) exposures also reveal the extent of M101's arms. I wish the nights were longer and weather better so we can gather more photons.

Thanks for sharing.

Sam

July 19, 2010 10:28 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

2nd image TEC 140

Posted By Sam Pitts

Nice shot, you will really like the 140 for imaging, best around for size and quality. Really nice image, what camera are you using? I find the ST10 works really well on the 140.

Thanks for sharing, looking for more great images in the future.

Sam

September 11, 2010 10:37 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another M-33

Posted By Sam Pitts

Looks fine, just getting out to gather some photons is great. We alwasy want more data, no matter how much we gather!
It is sure amazing the detail we now get from our equipment.

Thanks for sharing!!

Sam

May 16, 2011 07:55 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M100 and NGC 4312

Posted By Sam Pitts

Nice shot, lots of galaxies,shows what an SCT can do.

Sam

December 5, 2011 12:40 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 1333

Posted By Sam Pitts

Great shot really lots of detail! What did you use to get f5.6 w TEC140, I am going to try RFL-4087 do you think it will work?

Sam